Too many sessions

Nightmeare

Utorrent opens far to many sessions i set limit to 250 but it opens well over 400 even after i close the client down it still keeps them open, since my uni is limiting to max 300 sessions max this is annoying how do do i enforce the limit. TCPview says i have 80 open but the switch and user access control says 400 when i close utorrent TCP says 15 while the switch still says 400, the 400 goes fown to 15 after i uninstall utorrent

Global max connections doesn't count DHT outgoing packets, Resolve IPs, Local Peer Discovery, and UPnP. You'll need to disable ALL of them and possibly reduce half open connections limit in uTorrent to 4.

2nd link in my signature for settings based on your connection's upload -- though you may need to adjust it based on your max connection limit.

Please make certain you are actually reaching and sustaining the upload speed max you chose.

70000 KiloBYTES/second upload is about the max usable for 1 gigabit/second upload bandwidth.

Even if you have access to a line that fast, I can only imagine it's shared and thus to be fair to others you probably should use a lower limit. :P

Archived