Limiting download speed also reducing upload?

t3mp3st

I have noticed that anytime I try to throttle my download speed, uTorrent automatically drops the corresponding upload speed of that same torrent. I can't figure out why this is happening, and the only answer I received before this post from people was that "it happens if you are using uTorrent".

I am wondering if there is any way to fix this, or a setting to change? It just doesn't make sense to me that if I'm reducing bandwidth being used for downloading, why that would mean less bandwidth for uploading.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

It's a bug of sorts...not in uTorrent so much as TCP/IP networking in general with TCP packets.

When you're reducing download max, you're also dropping/reducing how many incoming download packets you can get. This includes remote requests from peers telling your computer to continue uploading (as they received the last few upload packets ok).

Seed-only mode in Scheduler should run fine because it stops downloading.

2nd link in my signature should help you find settings that roughly match your upload limits. Too many torrents at once or too few/many upload slots at once WILL cause upload speed to drop. And upload speed per person you're uploading to...can drop almost to nothing at worst-case. :(

Archived