Not Connectable in spite of trying many things

kahoona

I have the dreaded red !. The port test says not connectible. I have set tie Motorola DSL Modem to not bridged. I have changed my IP to static using the port foreword instructions. Then I used the Port forward software to forward the port for utorrent. I made sure that Comodo does not block it. Also I turned it off. When these things were done I did notice a lot more activity and connections but no successful incoming connections. I have learned a lot these past few days ;-). Port forward has issued a case # but so far has not replied to my inquiry. I am being driven slowly mad (though it is a short drive even at slow speeds!) What can I try next? I need the router for the laptop WI FI. Is there another way to connect the router as a secondary device with the modem straight to the PC?

Rob

Utorrent 1.81 build 12183

D-Link DIR 625 software 301

Motorola DSL router

Edited after thinking about it. Do not know it it is connectible without the router.

Ahah! so my Motorola Modem is also a router ans this is screwing things up. Thanks. I followed the directions at the link (and also had to change to obtain DNS server automatically.) My Comodo firewall is off for now but I still am not connectible. Do I need to forward the port again and will PortForward program forward it through the first router now? I am learning but still uncertain about this. I appreciate the help so far.

Rob

Though the Port foreward software does not list the Motorola as a known model the manual instructions do. I was about to do that when I saw that I need to go to a static IP and I just changed that. Should I do that?

Archived