Offline (timed out) on all torrents

maxb

I've been having this problem for the past few days (possibly a week by now). When I first start uTorrent, everything is fine for about half an hour, until gradually, over the course of the next half hour or so, every torrent's tracker status changes to "offline (timed out)", presumably after their second update, and stays that way until I restart uTorrent. This happens for every tracker, and I know for certain that they are not all down.

I'm using the current stable version (1.8 build 11813).

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, beta versions are banned at a number of trackers I frequent. Is there an ETA on when a stable version with this bug fixed will be released? If not, does the bug exist in earlier versions of uTorrent as well?

Also, where can I find more details about this bug?

Thanks.

I am having this problem too, or at least something similar!!! I was just about to ask about it in the General thread when I thought to check this subforum first to see if there were any similar threads.

What is happening to me just started 2 days ago. I have been up & running for just a few days though, since around Monday. On Thursday morning I noticed that 3 out of 5 total torrents had red arrows and a "offline (timed out)" message in the tracker tab. Oddly all 3 were still connected to peers at the time and uploading to them so I didn't understand how I could be offline yet still uploading (??). I left things alone and for some mysterious reason (I am new to all this) the Red arrows turned to green ones so I forgot about it, figured it was something wrong on the tracker end (dimeadozen).

But then yesterday a similar thing happened. That time all torrents turned red (about 7), both uploads and downloads, even though they still were doing something. Had the same error message but these torrents were on 3 different private trackers and again, even though the message said "timed out (offline)", some of them were actually doing something. Again I left things alone, intending to ask about it up here - but they turned back to green without my doing anything. Then same thing happened this morning, to all my torrents, both uploads and download.

I was in the process now of following the instructions to document things and come up here & ask about this, I downloaded both "Hijack This" and "Process Explorer" and was going to ask what I needed to document etc in them as per the user manual suggestions. Maybe I don't need to do that though now if this is a known bug?

Anything I should do though? My net.max_halfopen is set to "8" btw.

Thanks but like maxb I don't think I'm allowed to use "beta" versions on some trackers.

Can I ask - is this behavior an actual problem, that is a real "offline/timeout", something that is affecting what I'm doing or more of a bug in reporting something that isn't really happening? Or how serious is something like this? Will it seriously impede me in one way or another? How can I still be connected & doing something if the tracker thinks I am offline (?).....

Hmmm - maybe something different is happening to me then? With me the torrents go offline temporarily but then come back, but not permanently - at least not yet. I will keep a close eye on 'em though.

Also I don't even know for sure if they are offline - during the times I saw the arrows turn to RED, I still had live connections on them (??). And they were still uploading or downloading.

Is there any chance the "4226 patch" thing would help me with this? I am running Win XP SP3.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

i am using utorrent uTorrent 1.8.1 RC1 and my tracker gets offline(timeout) so i can't use it. after getting the message offline timed out i upgraded to 1.8.1

yesterday i was able to download @ 5-6 kBps but my connection is 20 kB and there was thousands of seeds.

i am using via vt6105 internal lan card. can it be a prob for torrents??

untill today i downloaded @ 20 KB @ limewire . so why i should not get 20 kB @ utorrent??

there were many seeds.

one thing, untill i updated my via vt6105 lan card driver, i could not connect to internet! and then i choose 10 Base T full duplex @ connection type.

now i cant download anything using utorrent, limewire

thnx a lot for posting messages. i wil try!!

i can only download from the seeds having flag D IE.

WHY?

there are 20 seeds but i am only downloading from seeder having D IE flag!!!

if i want to buy a lan card. what would be best for using torrent?

D link or TP link?

can anyone help?

Archived