Slow speeds with new 1.8 version :(

dagerousdave

After being prompted to download utorrent version 1.8 several times, i eventually took the plunge and downloaded it a couple of days ago. But, ever since installing it my speeds have been ridiculously slow. I was quite happy with the speeds of my old version and wish i had never made the change.

What can i do to get back my speeds?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to upgrade to utorrent 1.8 again because of certain trackers i'm using have banned 1.7 and i'm still getting the same speed problems as before. I use minimal security software and only use windows firewall. My speeds were good with utorrent 1.7 so why are they so slow with the 1.8 version? Whats changed?

You were probably using hostile-to-others settings in uTorrent.

It "worked again" in v1.8.1 because it lets you screw others over even if it's long-term not beneficial to you.

Try my recommended speed guide for settings:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259

Do note that with lower settings on uTorrent, it can be very network-friendly and internet-sharing friendly. That's NOT true with all BitTorrent clients!

Information? I only read... "BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE THESE PIECES OF INFORMATION UPON REQUEST"

I thought it was obvious that line was referring to the bullet points below it. At any rate, clarified that line a bit (even if it's no longer pertinent to your situation).

Archived