Seeding after full download issues - no upload speed listed

SpartanGA

Your ISP, ComCast, massively disrupts BitTorrent seeding...disconnecting peers almost the second they connect to you.

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Avoid_traffic_shaping

...can help, if you can figure out the matching settings in uTorrent to set it to the level 5 encryption level. :P

DISABLE: UPnP, NAT-PMP LPD, DHT (both kinds!), and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window on an active torrent).

That should eliminate UDP packets from uTorrent. You only need to port forward TCP this way. Some routers do not handle UDP and TCP forwarded to the same port reliably.

Keep Peer Exchange enabled...it should be encrypted due to above settings.

Lower net.max_halfopen to only 1-4. (Constantly making 4 new connections outgoing at once should be enough if uTorrent is not firewalled!)

Choose FORCED encryption outgoing, and disable legacy (unencrypted) connections incoming.

After all that, reduce Global max connections to only 60 and per torrent connections to 30. You'll probably never reach them on seeding torrents. :(

Not only do I get an ip address, I can also link that ip directly to an ISP.

Sometimes the ISP resells the line to another ISP OR they are using a proxy through that ISP OR they're posting from someone else's house because their internet is down...so I can be wrong.

I've got ComCast too, so I'm speaking from experience about seeding problems.

Archived