RSS feed, some have both 720p and SD version of the ep, some not.

zicoz

I've just started looking into RSS feeds, and it seems to be able to remove alot of work for me. But I have a question.

Some of the files I'm downloading has both 720p and non 720p versions, and on these I only want the 720p ones.

Fixing this seems to be easy enough. All I need to do is to add the 720p filter.

But that creates a problem with the ones that only come in SD. Is there a way to filter it so that it only downloads the 720p file when there are both types, but still downloads the SD file when there is just that?

And there are too many files to set a rule for each of them, will the best way be to create two different RSS feeds, one that has all, and one that has only the ones with the SD files?

I guess the best solution would be to tell Utorrent to not download anything for twelve hours, and then tell it to only download the biggest in that serie?

well, no the filter doesn't think like that. You need to find out / research whether you want to get all 720p episodes... All major networks have at least a 720p feed, whether people distribute the content online is another story.

Generally it's not much more work than you've already done. The best ideas would be to use ONE FEED and create 1 filter per show.. and tag the quality whether it's available in 720p or not.

Yes, there probably are 720p versions somewhere, but my provider doesn't supply them, so my RSS feed doesn't have them unfortunately.

And with 89 different shows it's alot of work to set up a filter for each of them :)

But would it work if I created one feed that has the shows with 720p files, and filtered it for 720p, and then created another feed for the ones without 720p files and had no filters there?

Thanks, yes I don't know how to make a feed either, but my "provider" creates a RSS feed based on my favourite TV-series, so all I need to do is to create a second account with the SD series, and I'll have the feed :)

Thanks for the help, but one more thing:

How do I prevent Utorrent from downloading files that I have downloaded earlier?

Archived