Connecting to seeds in "Seeding only" mode

earts

Sure, but it's probably a bug in every uTorrent at the moment. :P

How many torrents you have running?

Do they each have more peers than seeds...and at least 10 peers?

What settings are you using in uTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

How fast is your connection both down and up?

(Please do spell out speed units...lots of people mix bits and bytes up, making it very hard to tell what they mean!)

How many torrents you have running?

Five: two "blue" and three "green".

Do they each have more peers than seeds...and at least 10 peers?

Some torrents have more peers than seeds, other torrents haven't. Each torrent has less than 10 peers. One "blue" torrent has 3 seeds, another torrent has 14 seeds.

What settings are you using in uTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Upload Limit: 0

Upload Slots: 20

Connections (per torrent): 30

Connections (global): 500

Max active torrents: 50

Max active downloads: 3

How fast is your connection both down and up?

The bandwidth varies from 100 to 1000 kbit/s both down and up.

Yes, definitely bad settings!

2nd link in my signature gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is far less than max download speed for most connections.

A high half open connection limit (anything beyond the default of 8) in uTorrent can also cause problems.

"Blue" torrents are incomplete (supposedly still-downloading) torrents. In "Seeding only" mode, seeds should not be connecting to them...but as you said they are, and that's probably a bug.

"Green" torrents are completed seeding torrents. If you see seeds connecting to them, that's an even more serious bug!

Well... You should consider yourself lucky your connection doesn't crap out from those HORRIBLE settings. You are a useless peer if I ever saw one. 50 torrents * 20 slots = 1000 slots total out of a POSSIBLE 1 Mbit. el em ay oh.

Actually, it's different. You just don't know local feature :) In my case, the most peers have upload/download speed about few kb/s (or even less than 1 kb/s). Some peers have speed about 50-150 kb/s - but this occurs not often. Further, even if I run 20-30 torrents, only 5-10 torrents will be active at the same time. Probably, the reason for that is NAT. In addition, I share connection with tens and hundreds of other users and the bandwidth is divided between users proportionally to number of flows. In sum, my settings make me possible to utilize my connection efficiently. And the total speed varies from 100 to 1000 kbit/s both down and up.

"Green" torrents are completed seeding torrents. If you see seeds connecting to them, that's an even more serious bug!

No, there are no seeds in "green" jobs.

Archived