Download speed well below what I have been achieving

XXVII

Hi,

In the past couple of weeks utorrent has proven to be unstable in terms of download speed and connecting to peers. Before this time, it had been working perfectly fine, having been able to achieve close to my full download speed. I've made no changes whatsoever (why fix something that isn't broken?), but recently I have been having port problems.

On one my PC's, The status indicator is green is claims that my network settings are OK, but using the port checker it is stating that the port I have been using is not open. I am only able to download at about 30kB/s, below the 500kB/s I used to achieve.

A second PC is even worse, with the network status floating from red to yellow, and it is saying the port is not open. It could also acheive full connection speed in the past.

All my settings have been set up using portforward.com, and like I have said everything had been working, but now it just doesn't operate like it did. This is not associated with upgrading from 1.7.7 to 1.8, as 1.8 did work perfectly fine for a short while.

Uploading is working to full capacity, I can upload at most 100kB/s and I am able to do that. It's the download that is working below expectations to what it used to achieve.

I was thinking that it may have been my ISP blocking the ports, but people say my ISP don't do port blocking, and employees of my ISP have explicitly stated that they do not do any port blocking of any sort.

I'm not quite sure what is wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Modem is a Netgear DG834PN, My first PC is connected via ethernet, 2nd is wireless, if that is of any help.

Archived