Download Speed

leeannej32

from my 20mb cable connection i rarely see above 20kbps but with some torrents, I can download over 1024kbps .. I'd guess that your setup is OK and that the popularity of the torrents, restricted upload speeds of seeds and peers to be at fault.

or it could be your ISP, realised you're downloading torrents and throttled the torrent traffic.

leeannej32,

Your ip maps out to an AOL proxy connection!

This means it's likely pretty bad... :(

uTorrent often runs poorly through GOOD proxies because it is firewalled.

2nd link in my signature...confirm your settings are at or below your connection's max UPLOAD!

w0lft3ch,

uTorrent has had a "download limited" bandwidth limit since v1.4!

It almost certainly doesn't apply in leeannej32's case because even the LOWEST download limit uTorrent would use is 6 KB/sec. (12 KB/sec if an individual torrent's upload speed is set to 1 KB/sec.)

leeannej32, what Switeck is saying... given the DNS/IP information he can see, you are connected to the internet and are apparently redirected through another computer/IP on AOL's network. Since this is the case, I would try going to Switeck's link #2 and changing your Ctrl-G settings in Preferences for your UPLOAD.

Switeck perhaps there should be a note in the top-post for "If you don't understand this CLICK_HERE to see pictures for data entry" ;)

Have you gone through http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php yet? The Ctrl-G dialog (aka Speed Guide) is based upon your tested UPLOAD speed during the speedtest. I mention Switeck's chart because it gives limited settings which will still work when the line is "bad" either due to ISP, computer, or other hardware limitations.

your Quote "Of course it wasn't funny. Posting a recommendation to downgrade to an unsupported and exploitable version is even less funny."

Um 1.7.7 is your old version directly from your website of utorrent. It is not a exploited version. I have all your versions of utorrent saved on my hard drive. So keep your slow speed 1.8 I'm happy with your version of 1.7.7 and 1200k per sec downloads not 20k per sec.

ive done the test :::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 290 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 35 kB/s

Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/09/26 - 3:17am

Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 29.26 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 16.375 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 79.89 % of your hosts average (aol.com)

U-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-OX68MATIP

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1) [!]

p.....

Archived