Seeding too long...

Agassi

I'm sorry about my bad English. I'll try to explain:

1) from the FAQ I don't understand what the ratio means, why is the difault 150%? if I write there 1% will it stop the seeding?

2) I've suggested a new feature: today, if I wanna change some options I have to edit the settings(dat) file right? so I thought of putting all these options in the "prefrences" inside the application itself

Thanks again,

1) Ratio means your ratio of downloaded amount and uploaded amount. If you download say, 600MB and uploaded 200, your ratio would be .333. It's good practice to upload until your ratio is at LEAST 1.000. Whatever you put in that box will have absolutely no effect, it just tells you how long until you reach that ratio you specified.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_make_.C2.B5Torrent_stop_seeding_at_a_specific_share_ratio.3F

It's considered bad behavior and you're a leech if you don't upload to at least close to 1.000, and if you're on ratio-based private trackers, they will ban you if you don't seed to a good ratio.

2) No, you can edit all the options in the preferences... There's nothing in the settings.dat file that you can't edit in the Preferences.

Thanks for your answer, now I understand what it means and I guess I understand why I was so confused, the reason is that when my torrent finished downloading it wasn't converted into an oppropriate file (it seems that all the parts were downloading but it wasn't converted to an avi file(or what so ever) how come?

Do you see something like a bunch of RAR files? Or R##? If so, you need WinRAR so you can unpack the RAR files and extract the data inside it. Each volume contains part of the file, but all you need to do is start from the first one (*.rar or *.part01.rar)

Archived