WebUI doesn't work

jippo

Hi,

I'm can not get my WebUI to work. I've looked all over the forum to see if I could fix it, but haven't found anyone with the same problem.

I have uTorrent running on PC 1 and can get on my webUI on PC 2 in my LAN by entering localhost:9999/gui or 127.0.0.1:9999/gui/.

But when I try to access my webUI on my work, school, a friends PC or a proxy server it doesn't totally work (see image), I've tried everything that is suggested in other topics but can't get it to work on FF or IE by entering 86.83.x.x:9999/gui/.

I've uTorrent 1.8 and WebUI 0.361 running.

GroteFoto-CCTBWLGA.jpg

No errors and I think extensions aren't the cause because in IE it doesn't work either (it's a clean IE).

But I'm using FireFTP, Foxmarks, Threeships helper extension and Clear cache button in FF.

@ thelittlefire:

I'm not totally sure what version of uTorrent I'm using I believe it is 1.8.0 not sure what build though. I'm at my work at the moment I'll check it tonight.

No javascript is enabled and I can't check the logger of uTorrent at the moment I will come back on that.

UPDATE:

@ thelittlefire:

my version of uTorrent is 1.8.0 Build 11813

@ultima:

the logger doesn't say anything except that IPv6 is installed, Got teredo adress: 2001:..... and some torrents that are added.

It is very likely the proxy probably filters the html/javascript that goes through it for stuff it deems insecure or simply unwanted. Sadly there is no workaround. You have to ask your IT department for direct access or to look into this specific issue.

It is difficult for us to help you find out exactly what is being filtered, and even harder if not impossible to circumvent it. And I'm not sure I wanna help you get in trouble with your employer :P

I tried using Opera as well, but it didn't work for me.

UPDATE:

I added FlashUI to the web webui.zip file and it works, but I'm getting an error (A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script.) If I click NO my browser becomes non responsive and if I click YES my browser keeps running but the flashUI stops working.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived