where did the downloaded file go + DSL speed killed...

mg1

The downloaded file does NOT go where I have directed,the desktop, and I have to hunt around for where the file ended up. Plus, after uTorrent has operated, on an intermittent basis, my DSL speed absolutely crashes to almost nothing but the speed resumes to normal when I stop the uTorrent program from ANY access.

I hate to sound like a DA...but in uTorrent, in the "preference" tab under "directories",I have the "Location of download in" set to a folder on my desktop, and "Location of torrents" set to the same folder.

Is this what you are referencing?

I may be looking in the wrong place or different version...but there is no "Save As" in the General Tab in Ver 1.8.

My DSL download rate is SLASHED from 3.0mb to 450k when uTorrent is running. I would appreciate any setting changes (bandwidth??) that might help. I have my upload speed set at 384K on the speed guide.

thanks,.....

If you run a speed test while uTorrent is actively downloading and uploading, of course the speed test should get far lower results...that bandwidth is ALREADY in use.

What's your connection's upload bandwidth max?

What settings are you using in uTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Archived