Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, help me!

После ввода имени и пароля в Webui Shell появляется окно загрузки пользовательского web интерфейса, процесс загрузки которого длится бесконечно. В панель администратора входит без проблемм. В чём может быть проблема?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any news on per-user completed torrent folders?

I tried the mod written by splinter98 (http://www.splinter98.com/~splinter98/symlink.phps) but it doesn't work with the stock install. I tried upgrading PHP to get the symlink() function but couldn't get it to work due to the number of add-on DLLs required and version issues preventing them simply being copied over.

I prefer using uTorrent but need this feature because Apache can't deal with individual files >4GB.

Thanks...

How do you mean Apache can't deal with individual files >4GB?

For example downloading >4GB files through the webui-shell download page should work just fine.

The dev of the webui-shell is still a bit on hold until the new web api functionality is publicized. Implementation of per user torrent folders depends entirely on whether we can set a download location through the new web api.

When I try to download files over 4GB with the web UI it always fails at 4GB. I tried both Firefox and IE8. I am running on Server 2008 SP2 x86.

I hope the new API is ready soon. uTorrent has needed a way to sort downloads for a long time.

• 1 month later...

Lord Alderaan i have seen that when i login into Webui-Shell and click on settings button i see message: Dissabled but if you click on space where settings are you can see configuration, i attach some images to explain it better.

cap1o.png

cap2hf.png

Is possible to remove settings button?

Ok.

I know they cant change anything, but if you change something and save, until you close window/tab the value is stored (because if you open another time preferences you can see saved value).

Lord Alderaan i have created a new lang file, called es.lang.php for spanish.

If you want i can send you the translation to add it for future versions.

And another problem.

I'm running this on a windows 2003 server and i have set up torrentdir for a user, but utorrent dont use this directory, i have seen and is not a readonly directory, so i dont know anymore to see, do you know if there is any log i could see?

The webui-shell sits between the webui.zip and the utorrent web API. The important thing is that unlike other solutions (like you editing the webui.zip directly) things that aren't allowed are actually blocked. This provides real security even against other community projects (like the mobile interfaces, mirc script, uremote).

However one of the drawbacks is that it tries to stay out of the hairy stuff of the webui.zip (javascript, etc) because that would mean every time the webui.zip gets changed the webui-shell would have to be updated accordingly. So it only changes one or two things in the webui.zip on-the-fly that are unlikely to change at all (such as the text labels and the toolbar image).

The torrentdir is only used for the Allow_Diskspace_Info and Allow_Downloading_Files options of the webui-shell. It is not used by µTorrent.

It should be set to the "Move completed downloads to:" directory (if you don't use that option the use the "Put new downloads in:" directoy) as show in the video around 2:55.

I have installed the webui so that I can remotely view the the files active/inactive in uT. However, when I remotely tell the other machien to add a torrent, by browsing to the torrent file thru the webui interface, the uT machine refuses to accept the torrent. No error messages I can see but once i press OK nothing happens.

How do i fix this?

Are you using the Webui-Shell?

Because it shows an error in the upper right corner when an error occurs while adding the file through the API.

If there is no error the torrent might have been added but for some reason the interface might not be updating anymore. Try clicking in the torrent list (just so that the webui has focus and not the topbar) and pressing Esc and choose yes when asked to reset the interface.

Ok correction, under "logger" of uTorrent WebUI 0.361, when I tried adding a torrent remotely, the log says

JS error: [1] Access is denied.

Now since both computers are actually connected through a router (wireless and wired), i know I can add or delete files on the uT computer so I dont believe this is an admin problem.

Archived