Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

I gave a quick lookover and didn't see anyone post this yet, but if they did, my apologies...

If anyone has tried to use a database name other than 'utorrent' you would have seen this error throw but only right after install, not if you installed then renamed the db and changed the config.php:

SHELL: Configuration Error: Database version unknown.

There is a minor problem in sql.php on line 57:

$table=$this->db->GetArray('SHOW TABLES FROM utorrent LIKE \'info\';');

and does not allow for custom database names, this will fix it:

$table=$this->db->GetArray('SHOW TABLES FROM $cfg[db_name] LIKE \'info\';');

Don't know if that causes any other problems as I still haven't logged in for the first time, wanted to get this up asap for those of you like me banging your heads:D

@ Lord Alderaan: hope you don't mind me putting a fix up. Keep up the great work, this project will make my life soo much easier. Oh and I do alot of php/mysql work, anything you would like help on to advance this project let me know and I see what I can work into my schedule. I don't check my email often but if you are interested drop me a line and I'll provide you with my messeger email...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I love it when people post fixes. The fix should actually be

$table=$this->db->GetArray('SHOW TABLES FROM '.$cfg["db_name"].' LIKE \'info\';');

And even that can result in problems with improper database names so I'm not gonna throw up a fixed build yet.

As to the other troubles mentioned. I haven't been able to track them down but I'm on it. Since trac is down there is some difficulty in finding certain bugs.

Setting speeds per user is impossible in the Webui Shell.

As I said µTorrent manages speeds, the webui (and the webui shell) is just an interface to control µTorrent. µTorrent doesn't know about users and thus I cannot tell it to limit speeds of torrents depending on the user.

Basically what the Webui Shell can do is decide which torrents and setting a user can see and edit and decide which torrents are to be added and which not. All additional functionality is derived from that.

You get a completely blank page?

Could you take a look at the source of the page? (In firefox you press ctrl+U)

It should be something like this

<html><head><title>µTorrent Webui Shell</title></head>
<FRAMESET id="main" rows="15,*" frameborder="0">
<FRAME src="shell_top.php" name="top" noresize="noresize" scrolling="no">
<FRAME src="shell_panel.php?p=user" name="panel" noresize="noresize">
</FRAMESET>
</html>

I login in with correct details and the page loads a blank white page.

I did a fresh install ubuntu 8.10 and I get the same results.

This is the page source

<html><head><title>µTorrent Webui Shell</title></head>

<FRAMESET id="main" rows="15,*" frameborder="0">

<FRAME src="shell_top.php" name="top" noresize="noresize" scrolling="no">

<FRAME src="shell_panel.php?p=user" name="panel" noresize="noresize">

</FRAMESET>

</html>

it doesn't work, i am only getting this error: The requested URL /gui/ was not found on this server.

even though it does work cuz the ppl of the company tested a different thing and that worked

EDIT: i tested it on a unix based system and it still gives the same error, Administrator works but not for users

Archived