Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

What you need to do is explained in the second part of this post.

1) Rename webui_shell folder to gui.

2) Create a .htaccess file in it.

3) Add the following to it:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /gui
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?shell_file=$1 [QSA]

That should do it.

But as I said, they need to have the rewrite module enabled in apache or it won't work. And I'm also assuming you can use .htaccess files at all (aka Allowoveride All).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem with the quota, when users delete a torrent the torrent deletes from utorrent but the space is not returned.

I have disabled the remove torrent option so the only option is remove torrent and data.

I have to go into phpmyadmin and delete the torrents manually to return the disk space.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

I just released 0.5.1 fixing four bugs: Couldn't add torrents on clean µtorrent, webui wouldn't always update properly, quota wouldn't always update properly, adding existing torrent gave an faulty error.

It also now has Quota info for a user to see how much of his quota he has used up.

To update download the new package. Extract the package in the OP and copy all files, except for config.php, over to your webui_shell folder overwriting the older files.

This should fix your problem zemon. Please let me know if it worked.

I actually forgot to fix this though. But it'll be fixed in the next build.

For those interested: Thanks to Firon the sourcecode is now in µtorrent trac (instead of SourceForge). And thus the latest unreleased code is viewable online and available through the svn repository: svn://trac.utorrent.com/webui (anonymous/anonymous)

Please note that these are almost always unreleased versions of the code and it can have weird bugs. Always backup your database (for sqlite: make a copy of sqlusers.dat in the settings folder) before grabbing unreleased code.

@zemon:

Does it work for other users?

Does the webui itself work when you access it directly?

When does the user get the cURL error (directly after login, or does the error occur while loading the webui)?

Does the error always occur?

This error only happens with one user when logging in and it was occurring everytime, so I rebooted server and restarted the utorrent instance and the error is not appearing anymore so must of been a problem with that instance of utorrent.

"Couldn't add torrents on clean µtorrent"

I still cannot add torrents through webui on clean utorrent I receive this error

Adding this torrent failed. There is no list of current torrents. Refresh the webui (Press Esc) and try again.

The quota fix does not work for me, the torrent does now remove without refreshing the page but the space is not returned.

Thanks

Oopsie there was a bug in my bugfix where an empty µtorrent could still cause problems. Here is an unofficial quick fix for that:

Download this file: http://cdlist.mine.nu/dump/webui.quickfix.rar

Extract the file in it and place it in webui_shell/inc/user directory overwriting the old webui.php

But the quota info should update just fine. Unless you removed the last torrent (resulting in an empty µtorrent) but that is related to the problem above and thus is also fixed now.

If you mean that the quota info does update fine but the actual drive space isn't freed up. Please note that µtorrent's remove+data might be deleting the data to the trash bin depending on advanced options (or linux issies). In that case actual HD space wouldn't be freed up.

Hello, Lord :)

After this long time, I got my hands on it to try again.

Both ways (using httpd.conf or that solution with RewriteBase /gui in .htaccess) it works for IE but not for Firefox (tested in 4 ways: Linux/Windows servers + Linux/Windows Firefox)

See what's happening: http://i41.tinypic.com/anhlwm.jpg

I accessed the webui directly from the original address and it works fine!

Any fix? :(

Note: I'm accessing webui instances hosted in other servers (didn't tested in same server yet).

-edit-

After search a lot (I've found even this thread: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=50718, created by Lord Alderaan with a screen identical to mine) with no solution.

Then I'd read in 2nd page of this thread a user saying it worked for him after clearing cookies. I had already cleared all cookies with "webui" (and even "web"), "torrent", "shell", "gui", and other relative words with no success. I then decided to try clearing the entire list, and then it worked!! :)

Unhappilly, I had activated that 2 options to remember IP and auth by IP, then I couldn't logoff the webui anymore, even deleting cookies and browser authenticated sessions (a bug?) :P I had to delete the settings file and recreate it (accessing the shell web interface again).

--

Now I want to understand some features:

1- user > details > torrentdir: will this create a subdir in the downloads folder of utorrent instance? If yes, I'm glad to see a sugestion of mine (made on 1st page) was implemented :D

2- user > options > Force_Start: will this continue allowing force starts after the max active torrents limit be reached? (I wish no, otherwise the limit will be not effective)

3- user > options > Enable_HTTP_Auth: Is this supposed to allow ht*tp://user:pass@server.com/gui/ connections and softwares like uremote? Seems to be not working :( (tried uremote, and user:pass@server.com in FF + Konqueror + Opera in Linux)

4- user > options > Quota_Max_Combinedsize: If I understood right the tooltop text (it closes too fast, lol) it is the disk quota of the user. If right, the question is: is this measured in bytes? (Tooltips says "the max number of bytes" but I really come in doubts)

5- user > torrents: what is this used for? I'm with only 1 instance and 1 user ATM and afraid of what it do :P For what I can realize, if I select a torrent in the dropdown list, it will be added to the user in the current select instance. Right? Does it list all torrents in all instances? And if I click the cross in the right of a torrent added to the user, will the torrent (+data) be deleted from the user (and is the torrent deleted from the server too)?

6- I'm using the WebUI Shell in a server other than the uTorrent instances. How the Download Torrent function works? Will the content be routed through the server where the WebUI Shell is hosted?!

Very thanks for your efforts, Lord!

Regards,

Renato

- edit 2 -

After this so long post and this many questions, the minimun I could do was this:

http://seedbox.mundialnet.info/br.lang.php.bkp (Brazilian Portuguese translation)

Regards,

Renato

sonyfero - I'll give my best to answer as many of your questions as I can

Then I'd read in 2nd page of this thread a user saying it worked for him after clearing cookies. I had already cleared all cookies with "webui" (and even "web"), "torrent", "shell", "gui", and other relative words with no success. I then decided to try clearing the entire list, and then it worked!! smile

I have a feeling that the shell clashes with other cookies produced by the same url (eg if you have a website that create cookies under the same url it doesn't work properly, but when you clear all the cookies from that site it works fine

NOTE: this is just a hunch of mine so don't quote me saying this is why

Unhappilly, I had activated that 2 options to remember IP and auth by IP, then I couldn't logoff the webui anymore, even deleting cookies and browser authenticated sessions (a bug?) tongue I had to delete the settings file and recreate it (accessing the shell web interface again).

There is an eaiser method that sholuld be mentioned on here to fix that (tho I cannot seem to find it) where you comment out line 162 (ie add # at the beginning) in index.php. Then login to admin then deselect the ip_auth and then you can uncomment that line again (saves you having to reset all your settings again)

--

Now I want to understand some features:

1- user > details > torrentdir: will this create a subdir in the downloads folder of utorrent instance? If yes, I'm glad to see a sugestion of mine (made on 1st page) was implemented big_smile

No.

this just tells the shell where to find the users downloads, so it can then be able to use the download/disk statistic features.

2- user > options > Force_Start: will this continue allowing force starts after the max active torrents limit be reached? (I wish no, otherwise the limit will be not effective)

Not sure on this one (and haven't got mine setup when writing this to test for you)

3- user > options > Enable_HTTP_Auth: Is this supposed to allow ht*tp://user:pass@server.com/gui/ connections and softwares like uremote? Seems to be not working sad (tried uremote, and user:pass@server.com in FF + Konqueror + Opera in Linux)

I can also confirm this bug - but I can also say it's not due to a bug in the shell, my tests have shown that php doesn't give you the variables unless it has passed the login header :S

4- user > options > Quota_Max_Combinedsize: If I understood right the tooltop text (it closes too fast, lol) it is the disk quota of the user. If right, the question is: is this measured in bytes? (Tooltips says "the max number of bytes" but I really come in doubts)

Again not sure off the top of my head, and cannoit test at the time of writing

5- user > torrents: what is this used for? I'm with only 1 instance and 1 user ATM and afraid of what it do tongue For what I can realize, if I select a torrent in the dropdown list, it will be added to the user in the current select instance. Right? Does it list all torrents in all instances? And if I click the cross in the right of a torrent added to the user, will the torrent (+data) be deleted from the user (and is the torrent deleted from the server too)?

This show's you what torrents each user has, this enables you to easily assign/remove torrents from users, not sure about different intances - but considering a user can only be assigned to one instance, it will display all the torrents in that instance

6- I'm using the WebUI Shell in a server other than the uTorrent instances. How the Download Torrent function works? Will the content be routed through the server where the WebUI Shell is hosted?!

First you set the torrent path to the downloads folder.

Then enable the allow downloads.

When you login, you will now see a link saying Download

Clicking this will list all torrents that are available to the user and are then able to download it

Hope this helps

Splinter98

If you enable auth by IP for a user it will assume anyone coming from that IP is that user. So don't use the IP of a machine you use to access the admin panel (and don't login to an user account that has Enable_IP_Auth and Remember_Last_IP enabled).

And of course deleting cookies/sessions doesn't help. The best solution is to login from a different IP.

I might consider adding a warning for this in the future.

1- As splinter98 and the readme said:

torrentdir - Used by Allow_Diskspace_Info and Allow_Downloading_Files options. This should be the path as seen from the Webui Shell.

Allow_Diskspace_Info - Allows the user to see total and free space on disk where the (first) Torrentdir is located.

Allow_Downloading_Files - Allows the user to download the files of his torrents through the Webui Shell.

2- Force Start is a utorrent function. The webui shell only wants to know if you want to allow this user to force start torrents.

33. What does Force Start (Downloading [F] / Seeding [F] ) do?

Force Start is a way to start torrents to bypass queue settings and seeding priority settings. It can also be used to make torrents keep running/start in "Turn Off" hours with the scheduler. For example, if you set it to run 2 torrents max, but wanted to run a third, you could Force Start the third one. Forced torrents do not count towards the queue settings. Or, if you had torrents set to stop at 150% share ratio, but wanted one to keep going, you could Force Start it and it would not stop at 150%.

You can make a torrent Force Start by right clicking on it, and choosing Force Start. This works regardless of it the torrent is stopped, queued, or started. To set it back to normal mode, right click on it and choose Start.

3- Hmmz, it seems to be working for some apps. (I use utorrenthandler and it works perfectly fine) I'll look into it.

4- How long the tooltip stays open is Browser based. :) And yes the value is in bytes. In the next version you can write down (for example) 10GB and it'll convert it to 10737418240 automatically. But right now you'd have to fill in 10737418240 yourself.

5- What sonyfero said. It shows all torrents assigned to that user. Adding/removing doesn't affect utorrent itself, just what the user gets to see and change if Show_All_Torrents is off.

6- Allow_Downloading_files requires that the webserver has physical access to the files.

Allow_Downloading_Files - Allows the user to download the files of his torrents through the Webui Shell.

This requires you to setup the Torrentdir and this should point to the default download dir.

How this works: The webuishell will crawl through the dirs you supply and match the file and folder names to the names of torrents the user is allowed to see.

If the names match the file is downloadable and the folder is explorable (allowing download of ALL files in it regardless of whether they are part of the torrent!).

So if the webserver runs on a different machine from utorrent and you can't map the download dir on the utorrent machine as a network drive then you cannot use this option.

Hello dears, I will quote what you said. The questions I will do is not always directed to who I'm quoting (Lord Alderaan is probably the more knowledged to answer all them :P but if you know the answers, splinter98, please answer too!).

I have a feeling that the shell clashes with other cookies produced by the same url (eg if you have a website that create cookies under the same url it doesn't work properly, but when you clear all the cookies from that site it works fine

NOTE: this is just a hunch of mine so don't quote me saying this is why

Makes sense. I have a website on the same domain (and all cookies are related to domain root). I will try to set cookies for the specific folder where the website is.

There is an eaiser method that sholuld be mentioned on here to fix that (tho I cannot seem to find it) where you comment out line 162 (ie add # at the beginning) in index.php. Then login to admin then deselect the ip_auth and then you can uncomment that line again (saves you having to reset all your settings again)

Thanks for the tip ;)

This show's you what torrents each user has, this enables you to easily assign/remove torrents from users, not sure about different intances - but considering a user can only be assigned to one instance, it will display all the torrents in that instance

Do you mean clicking "Delete" after assing the torrent will just make the torrent be "Unclainmed" instead effectivelly DELETE it (and it's files)? If affirmative, I suggest Lord Alderaan re-label it to "Unassign" rather than Delete. I become so afraid of "deleting" a 4.7GB file of a customer after assigned to his user a torrent which was already on the webui before I installed the webui_shell and added his account there. :P

First you set the torrent path to the downloads folder.

Then enable the allow downloads.

When you login, you will now see a link saying Download

Clicking this will list all torrents that are available to the user and are then able to download it

Let's suppose WebUI Shell is on the same machine as the uTorrent instance: should I set the complete path to torrent dir (I mean, /home/someuser/Desktop/Downloads or C:\Docs and Setts\User\My Documents\Downloads)?

And otherwise (if the uTorrent instance is in remote server) I have to map the remote server to a local dir or Drive and set the local path, right? And, if it is the case, when the user download a 1GB content, it will make this route: uTorrent Server PC (1GB Upload Traffic) -> WebUI Shell Server PC (1GB Down + 1 GB Up Traffic) -> User PC (1 GB Down Traffic), or is this somehow directly sent from uTorrent to User PC?

If you enable auth by IP for a user it will assume anyone coming from that IP is that user. So don't use the IP of a machine you use to access the admin panel (and don't login to an user account that has Enable_IP_Auth and Remember_Last_IP enabled).

And of course deleting cookies/sessions doesn't help. The best solution is to login from a different IP.

I might consider adding a warning for this in the future.

I had added an user without specifying his IP. Then I logged in to his account and become "locked", like I mentioned above. Since I have not defined the IP, I think the IP was automatically catch after I login the first time. So, let's consider I log in from other IP. Will the new IP (of the new location) replace the first, will both works together or the new location will not be auto-authorized at all, for an IP already been saved? Anyway, I think that if the IP of an user is not defined manually on the admin backend, the logout option could clear the IP from the auto-auth setting... It will work like a new feature: "remember last IP" (or "remember authorized IPs").

2- Force Start is a utorrent function. The webui shell only wants to know if you want to allow this user to force start torrents.

Suppose: user is limited to 10 active torrents (in webui_shell), Force_Start is enabled, the user add a torrent (11st), then it will be put in queue. Will the user be able to Force_Start?

And it brings me a new question: If the uTorrent WebUI itself is limited to 5 torrents, will the WebUI Shell user allowed to put 6 torrents, 7 torrents, and so on (with a 10 limit)...?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Renato

Note: did you saw the Brazilian Portuguese translation I posted? Not saying for glory, but you didn't said a word about it, maybe you didn't noticed my last post edit...

-edit-

torrentdir seems to be more likely instance related than user related (switching the instance for a user, the torrentdir will have to be edited) ;)

Right I'll have another go at answering them

Makes sense. I have a website on the same domain (and all cookies are related to domain root). I will try to set cookies for the specific folder where the website is.

Yeah you could try creating a subdomain (eg http://webui.example.com/gui/) if it really becomes a problem.

Thanks for the tip ;)

there are a couple of other methods you can try as well which Lord Alderaan posted (Now I found the post which is here)

Do you mean clicking "Delete" after assing the torrent will just make the torrent be "Unclainmed" instead effectivelly DELETE it (and it's files)? If affirmative, I suggest Lord Alderaan re-label it to "Unassign" rather than Delete. I become so afraid of "deleting" a 4.7GB file of a customer after assigned to his user a torrent which was already on the webui before I installed the webui_shell and added his account there.

Yes, it will make the torrent become unclaimed and does not delete the files, and that cosmetic change does sound like a good idea.

Let's suppose WebUI Shell is on the same machine as the uTorrent instance: should I set the complete path to torrent dir (I mean, /home/someuser/Desktop/Downloads or C:\Docs and Setts\User\My Documents\Downloads)?

Yes, you must set it to the complete path

And otherwise (if the uTorrent instance is in remote server) I have to map the remote server to a local dir or Drive and set the local path, right? And, if it is the case, when the user download a 1GB content, it will make this route: uTorrent Server PC (1GB Upload Traffic) -> WebUI Shell Server PC (1GB Down + 1 GB Up Traffic) -> User PC (1 GB Down Traffic), or is this somehow directly sent from uTorrent to User PC?

Yes that is correct, using the windows (or similar in linux) file sharing that is exactly what happens.

I had added an user without specifying his IP. Then I logged in to his account and become "locked", like I mentioned above. Since I have not defined the IP, I think the IP was automatically catch after I login the first time. So, let's consider I log in from other IP. Will the new IP (of the new location) replace the first, will both works together or the new location will not be auto-authorized at all, for an IP already been saved? Anyway, I think that if the IP of an user is not defined manually on the admin backend, the logout option could clear the IP from the auto-auth setting... It will work like a new feature: "remember last IP" (or "remember authorized IPs").

Remember Last IP, will remember the last IP the user logged in from and will overwrite the IP address that was remembered. This is how logging in from another IP will allow you to return to the login screen.

Suppose: user is limited to 10 active torrents (in webui_shell), Force_Start is enabled, the user add a torrent (11st), then it will be put in queue. Will the user be able to Force_Start?

And it brings me a new question: If the uTorrent WebUI itself is limited to 5 torrents, will the WebUI Shell user allowed to put 6 torrents, 7 torrents, and so on (with a 10 limit)...?

The quota system will only allow users to have the amount of torrents specified assigned to them. If they try to add more then the shell will throw an error saying that they need to delete torrents before they can add any more. Force start will bypass the normal restrictions assigned by utorrent (eg it will be active even if you have a global limit of 25 active torrents).

Personally I would like a system where I can limit how many torrents the user can have active at anyone time (but I also understand that could be hard to implement)

torrentdir seems to be more likely instance related than user related (switching the instance for a user, the torrentdir will have to be edited)

Yes, because you set the torrent directory in the user screen and not in the instances screen then yes you will have to change it when you change the instance to the user.

I hope I have answered them correctly, and helps you (or anyone else who has similar questions)

Splinter98

Nothing really to add to splinter98's answers.

Personally I would like a system where I can limit how many torrents the user can have active at anyone time (but I also understand that could be hard to implement)

Yes this would be very difficult and counter productive. It's never gonna happen.

I suggest Lord Alderaan re-label it to "Unassign" rather than Delete.

Good idea, done in next version.

I indeed missed the Brazilian language file but it'll be added to the next update. br is Breton btw. Brazilian is pr-BR but I'll just put it down as pr so it'll also work for the Portuguese people when I add an auto-language function.

Yes' date=' it will make the torrent become unclaimed and does not delete the files, and that cosmetic change does sound like a good idea.[/quote']

Good idea, done in next version.

I'm glad you approve :D

And otherwise (if the uTorrent instance is in remote server) I have to map the remote server to a local dir or Drive and set the local path' date=' right? And, if it is the case, when the user download a 1GB content, it will make this route: uTorrent Server PC (1GB Upload Traffic) -> WebUI Shell Server PC (1GB Down + 1 GB Up Traffic) -> User PC (1 GB Down Traffic), or is this somehow directly sent from uTorrent to User PC?[/quote']

Yes that is correct, using the windows (or similar in linux) file sharing that is exactly what happens.

I think I was not clear. My question is: is there a way to avoid the 1 GB Down + 1 GB Upload Traffic of the WebUI Shell Server be contabilized, routing the data from uTorrent Server directly to the User PC accessing the WebUI Shell?

Remember Last IP, will remember the last IP the user logged in from and will overwrite the IP address that was remembered. This is how logging in from another IP will allow you to return to the login screen.

I got it... the IP is replaced in the DB. However, for what I remember (I'm not sure!), the IP is not shown in admin screen, what makes me figure there are 2 diff. fields in the DB for store the IP. My suggestion then is: when the IP is not MANUALLY inserted in the user screen, the logout link could CLEAR the IP authorized. It will make the Remember_Last_IP + Auth_IP + clear IP field acts like the "Remember Me" checkbox we seen in websites and forums, which just avoid we have to login in every visit (of course, websites uses cookies, webui shell will be using only the IP stored from the last sucessful login). :)

The quota system will only allow users to have the amount of torrents specified assigned to them. If they try to add more then the shell will throw an error saying that they need to delete torrents before they can add any more. Force start will bypass the normal restrictions assigned by utorrent (eg it will be active even if you have a global limit of 25 active torrents).

Why don't you simply limit utorrent to a very high amount (999) [or just disable this limit in uTorret - I'm not sure if putting a 0 will disable the max active torrents limit] and disable the Force_Start for all users? If you currently allow a user to bypass the uTorrent quota limit through Force_Start it's == to not limit the user at all... :P

torrentdir seems to be more likely instance related than user related (switching the instance for a user' date=' the torrentdir will have to be edited)[/quote']

Yes, because you set the torrent directory in the user screen and not in the instances screen then yes you will have to change it when you change the instance to the user.

Then, new suggestion: why not put the "torrentdir" field in the instances screen? When I switch the instance for a user, I will not need to check the dir on the new server, as it's already stored in the DB... ;)

I indeed missed the Brazilian language file but it'll be added to the next update. br is Breton btw. Brazilian is pr-BR but I'll just put it down as pr so it'll also work for the Portuguese people when I add an auto-language function.

Actually, Portuguese ISO code is pt and Brazilian Portuguese is pt-br. I think there are no diffs. between pt and pt-br for any word in the file, so I see no problem in use pt. ;)

Regards,

Renato

is there a way to avoid the 1 GB Down + 1 GB Upload Traffic of the WebUI Shell Server be contabilized, routing the data from uTorrent Server directly to the User PC accessing the WebUI Shell?

Nope. You could simple setup a FTP server but allowing a user access to only his own data and none of the others would be difficult. In any case the Webui Shell wouldn't have anything to do with it. You could always install the Webui Shell on the same machine as utorrent.

A "remember me" function is not a bad idea. The IP login stuff was more intended as an easy way to make Community Efforts (uremote, etc) work.

I can't remember the exact reason why I decided to place the torrentdir in the user panel. But there was one :P I don't see why anyone would be switching the instance of a user often so I'm gonna leave it as it is right now.

Why don't you simply limit utorrent to a very high amount (999) [or just disable this limit in uTorret - I'm not sure if putting a 0 will disable the max active torrents limit] and disable the Force_Start for all users? If you currently allow a user to bypass the uTorrent quota limit through Force_Start it's == to not limit the user at all...

I wanted to set how many torrents could be started at anyone time, and this being variable to all users. the limit is imposed when the user ADDS the torrent, and not when it's started (so it even counts torrents that are classed as finished or paused) As then Users can have several torrents up but be only allowed X amount of torrents to be 'on' at anyone time - this would be to ensure that everyone using the system has equal amount of usage and no one user can have loads of torrents seeding/downloading at any one time. I also want to keep the global limits imposed to help preserve bandwidth and Force start, is disabled.

This feature isn't going to be implemented anyway but I thought I'd explain what I meant.

I can't remember the exact reason why I decided to place the torrentdir in the user panel. But there was one I don't see why anyone would be switching the instance of a user often so I'm gonna leave it as it is right now.

This feature would be useful in the current setup if the backend supported folders (then you can specify the individual folders to users - and then (if say you had specific quota/partitions on those folder's themselves) the information would show up correctly

Again another feature that won't appear soon but it's never a bad thing to plan ahead in codes like this (However I recognise the annoyance of having to type the same path on a per user basis - maybe a default field in instance and can be over written on a per user basis if required)

It seems that if you put auth credentials in the url (ie: http://username:password@url/gui/) Firefox and Internet Explorer still refuses to send it if the server doesn't request for it.

Firefox even asks you if you sure you want to send in credentials because the server isn't requesting any, but even if you press Yes it will not send them.

I confirmed this with Wireshark.

uRemote also suffers from this problem. It first does a ?list=1 request to the server without credentials and if it doesn't get a 401 it will never send the credentials even if it doesn't get a proper list.

I've implemented a fix that works for uRemote and that hopefully works for other community efforts that suffer from this problem. If post information or a query is passed but the user isn't logged in, it will now ask for auth credentials.

For Fx and IE this means that http://username:password@url/gui/ will still not work. But http://username:password@url/gui/?list=1 will work.

This fix will be released with 0.6.0.

Please note that this isn't necessarily a bad thing by IE and uRemote. It's a security feature. They don't want you to accidentally send your (plain text) credentials to the wrong server. If the server isn't requesting for Credentials they assume you made a mistake. Although imho they should inform you.

Fx on the other hand asks you what to do but ignores the answer. Which obviously is a bug.

The problem is that the Shell can't just start throwing an 401 error because I can't differentiate between a normal user that just wants the html login screen and a user that wants to login using http basic auth. I wouldn't know when to throw the 401 and when not to.

- Suggestion: a feature to change the favicon :D

- When I insert in torrentdir "C:\Some dir\Downloads Folder" all "\" are converted to "\\", is it expected? Also, is this field required (asking because webui already have the download dir configured in it's configuration)?

- I was thinking on how the Shell works...

point 1: I can change the Download folder through WebUI (and through Shell) (am I right here?)

point 2: everytime a user adds a torrent, the Shell checks if the user hasn't reached the limit before effectivelly add it, checking in the database which is the limit for the current user.

the question: can't Shell change the Download folder before a torrent is inserted, accordingly to the data inserted in "torrentdir" field for the user?

-edit-

I was thinking about the "Allow_Existing_Torrents". If it's enabled and user A add a torrent (and wants to download it after)... then B add the same torrent. If B choose to delete the torrent + data will the data be deleted (then A user lost his time :P) ?

-edit-

I configured some instances and users, and I'm receiving that error when adding torrents. I couldn't download http://cdlist.mine.nu/dump/webui.php.rar (Error 500). Somebody have this file?

Regards,

Renato

Archived