Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have ubuntu 10.04 setup with following Splinter98's directions but when I go to the the page /gui it doesn't load anything. If I go around the rewrite mod I get the page telling me to use /gui. So I know the set is setup properly just not the rewrite. I placed the rewrite code in to the default-000 page under the DocumentRoot /var/www line and I turned rewrite mods on with the command "sudo a2enmod rewrite". A

Anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks

NVM I had to place the

RewriteEngine On

code on the default-000 page and this made it work

been reading a while now on this thread, and i though why not give it a try

thanks to Lord Alderaan and his team :)

i have windows 2003 fresh installation on a virtual machine on my rig and the exact carbon copy of it on my dedicated server.

for some totally unknown reason when i open it through the server the images are not loading

i tried to test by adding /images/toolbar.png

within the server using firefox/chrome/safari/ie all loading fine

outside server (my pc) & other pc only safari can load the images - other browsers loads jibberish

PNG IHDR Z 1

i tot it has something to do with mimetype and checked it ... the settings within apache are correct and its working

only when it passes /gui it becomes like this

any idea guys?

problem found fixed

replaced the functions.php from trac and everything worked great

Found out when saw the output of this line - it says there was a error at line xxx in the fucntions.php

/gui/index.php?shell_file=images/toolbar.png

New Problem pop out

[15-Aug-2010 15:20:32] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Allow_Diskspace_Info in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\webui_shell\inc\user\ajax.php on line 40

[15-Aug-2010 15:20:32] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Quota_Max_Torrents in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\webui_shell\inc\user\ajax.php on line 68

[15-Aug-2010 15:20:32] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Quota_Max_Combinedsize in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\webui_shell\inc\user\ajax.php on line 103

[15-Aug-2010 15:20:32] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Allow_DLUL_Statistics in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\webui_shell\inc\user\ajax.php on line 152

not sure where is the exact problem

maybe functions.php have lots of changes from 0.6.0 to 0.6.2

would be nice if someone could guide me here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone???

okay another pressing issue

for some unknown reason from file.php (http downloads)

i cant view download links for files that has UTF8 chars in them *****chinese/jap/bulgarian*****

i have checked out the page charset & encoding and its using UTF8

i have also went through the database but could not find a fix

your help much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was away for a while.

I'll look into the UTF8 issue. Might be an issue with Apache itself though since I've had bad experiences with accessing files with japanese characters in them before, in other projects.

As to the array errors, nothing to worry about. You could try recreating the user.

If I understand correctly you are using only one file from track and the rest from the latest public release. Bad idea. Best to take everything from trac then :)

Hi Lord,

For some reason I am only able to get on connection to the file e.g. even if I wanted to download more then one file through Internet Explorer it would not allow it. Only one file can be downlaoded at any time from one IP.

Is there any setting I can change in PHP or Apache that will fix this?

Thanks,

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

i got a small bug to report

this program is nice

but i got 2 small bugs

first bug is that the all in 1 package give errors by installing ( it doesnt install curl/mysql)

but that is easy to fix by placing it to the system32 folder (windows)

anyway , the second bug that would be nice if it could be fixed is with google chrome

if you login using google chrome then you get to the status page of utorrent instead the gui of utorrent

Thank you

Greetings From PowerChaos

EDIT:

nevermind the google chrome bug , it is working fine now , i think it was a error on my browser or on the vps server

but on a fresh install is it working fine

Greetings From PowerChaos

• 4 weeks later...

I was changing the labels through the WebUI and suddenly I get this

{"build":"0","error":"SHELL: Invalid response code 400"}

Any ideas? The admin interface works fine, it's only the uTorrent WebUI it self that doesn't load anymore.

I'm running it on a WAMP server, with WebUI 0.380

Edit: Never mind! I accidentally mixed up the labels with the 'restrict IP access' input-box :P

When I have Show_All_Torrents unchecked, the labels won't show up, even though they have been put into Persistent Labels in the Preferences. The only way to get a label to show up in the sidebar is to create it from the New Label... menu. Can this be fixed?

I would also really like to see User-Groups like with most FTP servers, it gets really annoying when you change one thing on all 15 users...

@keepitcomplicated:

Hmmz, yeah, if you disable Show_All_Torrents then the Webui-Shell has to generate its own Label list (based on the torrents a user is allowed to see) instead of just forwarding the one from WebUI. It is difficult to check for persistent labels at that time.

I'll put it on the todo list (as feature, not bug) but I can't make promises, my time is limited and in fact until µTorrent 3.0 is released and the corresponding definite Web API information has been made available to the public (or me) I probably won't spend time on further development, just incidental bug fixing through WIP builds.

User-Groups would be so much more work for me to implement then you would save that I am not even really considering it sorry :P

Remember, the Webui-Shell is GPL, feel free to make any changes yourself. If you forward them to me I'll certainly look at merging them into trac.

Archived