Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have a CentOs 5.2 server with utorrent on it (I used Wine for utorrent). I activate the webui plugin of utorrent (I don't know if i have to desactivate it before installing the multi-user webui-shell)

So I tried to install your Multi-user Webui-Shell (who seems veryy nice and I really need it on my server) by following the tuto of Spliner 98 (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=424712#p424712) but at the end it doesn't work at all. When I go to http://youripordomain/gui I always have the interface of utorrent webui. Do I need to enter http://youripordomain/gui (without the port) or http://youripordomain:port/gui (with the port).

Thank you for the help

At what port is utorrent running and at what port is your webserver running?

@keepitcomplicated:

Show_All_Torrents - Allow this user to see all torrents regardless of whether they are in his torrent list. (Enabling this allows for the fastest loading times)

Show_Unclaimed_Torrents - Allow this user to see torrents that are in nobody's torrent list. Please note that this can significantly slow loading times.

@Lord Alderaan, utorrent is running on port 8000 and for the webserver it's 80.

I tried to install it too on ubuntu computer and when I restart apache2 I have this error message:

"Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:

Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Action 'configtest' failed.

The Apache error log may have more information.

...fail!"

I have the modules mod_rewrite.so in ~apache2/modules/

I went through all the installation process, and when I try to access myip/gui/ i get this

"Configuration error: cURL extension not available."

@thirit:

Its pretty obvious that you don't have cURL installed then thirit.

Find and open php.ini and make sure the following line is in it (and without a # in front of it):

extension=php_curl.dll

Also if you use windows make sure the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the php folder are in your system32 folder (If they already exist there you must overwrite them).

This was from Page 1. I got the same problem.

- I used the automatic installer

- Checked the line in the php.ini for "extension=php_curl.dll"

- Did manually copy the two named dll files into system32 folder (Weren't there, shouldn't that happen automatically? Didn't see that in the manual)

I'm trying to run it on a Windows 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise. Anyone tried that before?

EDIT: tried it on a Windows XP 32 bit. During the installation I get a lot of errors about DLL files not found, one of them is php_curl.dll. But I see all the files, so no Idea why I'm getting that error message.

@Deatheye: You are running on a x64 system and therefore need to place the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in %WINDIR%/SysWOW64 instead of %WINDIR%/system32

It the way Microsoft made x64 systems compatible with x86 systems.

As to your XP 32bit setup attempt, sounds like the path to the extension dir might not be setup correctly. Open php.ini (in the php dir) and look for the line:

extension_dir ="something"

See if something is indeed the correct path to the ext dir.

@atout001: If RewriteEngine command gives errors then the rewrite module isn't loaded for some reason. I can't guess why, you'd have to walk through the apache config files and see how it is setup to load modules.

My Windows Installatino crashed totaly.. so the x32 installation ist los. The Installation on the Windows 2008 R2 x64 still exists.

- Copied the files into syswow64

- deactivated windows firewall

- folder settings_dir is empty?

- checked the extension path, copy pasted it into explorer, openee the extension folder

- Deacivated UAC, system reboot

- set 127.0.0.1 inside Interet Explorer to trusted sites

- set 127.0.0.1 inside Internet Explorer to intranet

Checked 127.0.0.1/gui after every change, still the same problem.

Any detailed log I could check? Any more Ideas? Bring the stupid ones too pls ^^

EDIT: Installing it again, maybe UAC fucked the installaiton up.

INstalled the package again (that one with the install.vbs) result was the same as before.

C:\Users\Administrator>net stop "apache2.2"

Apache2.2 wird beendet.

Apache2.2 wurde erfolgreich beendet.

C:\Users\Administrator>net start "apache2.2"

Apache2.2 wird gestartet.

Apache2.2 wurde erfolgreich gestartet.

EDIT: This is german says everything is ok (stoping and starting the service works fine).

Got it, Thanks for the help.

The problem was that the two dll files needed to be inside the syswow64 folder and that the apache service needs to be restartet. Maybe UAC also played a role, can't say for sure. But definitly copy the two dlls into syswow64 and restart apache service after that. Thank you. Looking into the next steps.

Did I overlook these steps in you manual or are they missing? I never read anything about the fact that I need to copy the dll files even on a 32 bit system if using the install.vbs.

So the Installation is running now. I got a few Questions / Requests.

1. Set_Torrent_Properties:

Can I deactivate this and set the options for all users? In case this is active, are the settings userbased?

2. Usermanagement

Can I somehow set the standard configuration for new users? Kinda anoying if u need to set the same options over and over again.

3. Bandwith

If I don't set a limit on the bandwith how is the bandwithsharing handled, who get's priority / how does it get shared?

There seems to be a Max_Downloading_Speed:, but what about the upload speed?

4.Interface language

Is there a way to easily define a new language? Would be nice to have a language.php where you could add a new language for the interface and set the localiced names.

5.different stuff

- In case different users are downloading the same thing does the program realize this and copy the file local? Doesn't make sense to download it over the internet if the server allready has the file. But I can't give access to the same file in case user A wants to delete it but user B not.

6. Passwords

I don't like the Idea to have the passwords visible in the GUI. First of all I personaly don't want to know the passwords of everyone, I'm prety sure the users don't like that, and in case someone gets unwanted access to the interface that would be bad too. Can I change that?

And Thanks again for this fantastic piece of software. Was searching for something like this years ago. Sucks to have x PCs running in a apartment-sharing community. On the other hand not everyone wants hisstuff visible to all the other ^^

EDIT: I'm allready thinking about opening the Website to friedn living outside my appartment, involing multiserver setups etc.

Problems:

I got 1 torrent inside utorrent running, after that I set up the multi-user webui and assigned that one torrent to a user.

Now that user sees the torrent in his interface but he can't download the file. Is that cause it was downloaded to the standard utorrent download path and not into the user download path?

Tested a bit further, I also can't download any file. They are just not listed if I choose "Download files". Not a single one. No Error appearing or anything just no list of downloadable files. Allow_Downloading_Files: is activated for the user I'm using for the test.

I think I got an Idea where the problem lies. I'm terrible sleepy it0s 06:20 am now xD

I've read trough the thread a bit. If I see this right the download option basicaly reads the contend of a folder? Meaning that all the downloaded files need to be in one folder. Meaning again everyone has to see every file of every user? :/

If I'm right I need to check the multi instance setup :/

The install script is supposed to move the dll files automatically. I'll look into it next time.

1. This is per user. All settings are per user.

2. The default settings for new users can be found in \webui_shell\inc\admin\ajax.php from line 33 onwards. Don't change anything except the value next to 'default'=> or you might break the webui_shell.

3. The Bandwidth limit set in "Max_Downloading_Speed" ONLY applies to downloading completed torrents through the webui shell as shown here.

The webui_shell doesn't affect utorrents bandwidth settings and utorrent is unaware of which torrent belongs to which user.

4. The admin panel is English only, this is hardcoded. The interface for the user can be translated. Get this file, translate it to your langauge, rename it properly and also send me a copy :) For more info see the Languages section of

dev.guidelines.txt on trac. Please note there already should be a german translation.

5. utorrent can only load an torrent once, if someone else tries to add an torrent that already exists it either gets shared access to that torrent or it gets an error. This depends on the Allow_Existing_Torrents setting for that user.

6. Obfuscation of the passwords is something am considering for the future. That said, as server admin you have many different ways of getting user passwords if you really wanted to. I prefer being honest, I tell my users they should use unique passwords in my system because I could find out their PW if I really wanted.

7. (your issue)

Is the torrentdir (4th user setting, see 1:30 of this vid) for the user set correctly? The downloader looks for the torrents in that dir. It ONLY shows the files and folders that match torrents that user has access to, any other files and folders will be hidden.

I was changing the labels through the WebUI and suddenly I get this
{"build":"0","error":"SHELL: Invalid response code 400"}

Any ideas? The admin interface works fine, it's only the uTorrent WebUI it self that doesn't load anymore.

I'm running it on a WAMP server, with WebUI 0.380

Edit: Never mind! I accidentally mixed up the labels with the 'restrict IP access' input-box :P

Hi!

I still have this problem. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Cannot get the WebUI to work. Rewrite and other things are okay. The multiuser interface comes up fine, but when a created user wants to login, it just hangs with "Invalid response code 400.'

Any ideas?

Thank you!

EDIT: Further investigating the problem reveals that maybe(?) the variable 'shellfile' is missing?

From the error log:

shell_file=&token=Ys7c9NVDjKvCfNF4WcFJwngN-chFoHH99ZSTbNy-U8JoEUIbMfQxraw_6kw=&action=getsettings&list=1&t=1290420145749

Now, judging from the rewritecond, the variable 'shell_files' gets it's value from somekind of an outside variable ($1). Anybody knows what the problem might be?

shell_file=&token=Ys7c9NVDjKvCfNF4WcFJwngN-chFoHH99ZSTbNy-U8JoEUIbMfQxraw_6kw=&action=getsettings&list=1&t=1290420145749

Now, judging from the rewritecond, the variable 'shell_files' gets it's value from somekind of an outside variable ($1). Anybody knows what the problem might be?

To reply myself: the problem is with the tokens. If you disable the token security mechanism via the interface, the Multi User webgui works fine. So, it has a serious problem managing the tokens.

Anybody else had this problem?

The utorrent linux server is flakey even if you don't use the webui-shell. I will be looking into fixing compatibility issues on the webui-shell side... when I find the time to work on this project :)

If people find fixes themselves email me (through the site) or post them here (pastebin.com = win) and I'll incorporate them asap.

@w0000t: See: miniUI and from 1:55 onwards of the Video: The admin panel.

@JeremyJohn: Latest stable windows version of utorrent with the latest webui should work well.

I tried all version of utorrent and webgui, finally got it to work with uTorrent 2.0.4 and v0.380 WIP (2010-11-24).

So far everything it working fine the only 2 problems are

1) It can't run on sqlite i had to use mysql.

2) Max_Downloading_Speed is not working propely only capped .Zip files but not the other extensions.

Any suggestion to solve the Max_Downloading_Speed problem?

Using the WIP version of the webui-shell and everything works fine.

µTorrent 2.2 (build 23235) with the latest webui (deleted my webui and let utorrent grab it).

Both mysql and sqlite worked fine.

Download limits works fine on a .mkv file I tested.

What is your issue with sqlite? Does the apache process have read and write access to the $cfg['settings_dir'] you set in the config.php?

So I'm guessing you are using the latest stable, which doesn't work anymore because of the GUID issue. I'll have to release a new version soon. Meanwhile get the WIP from trac using SVN if you know how.

I'm currently using the webui_shell.FULL.rar version for Multi User Webgui-Shell, uTorrent 2.04 and the latest v0.380 WIP (2010-11-24). on Windows XP.

Sqlite problem was i keep getting Error 400 and user account were unable to login, keep getting incorrect username and password. MySQL is working very fine now.

So now the only problem is Max_Downloading_Speed, is there and way to add the extensions manually in apache, PHP setting or any file from Multi User Webgu-Shell?

Thanks

Hey, I'm trying to get this set up and I've figured out some of my own problems so far and now I've hit into this hitch when trying to log into the shell, it keeps saying incorrect username or password. Ive tried everything, reset the config file, different usernames/passwords to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Archived