Multi-user Webui-Shell

Lord Alderaan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A user on one of my servers keeps getting teh loading screen constantly. Ive checked fails and it displays the following..

"cURL error: couldn't connect to host (7) shell_file=index.html"

The strange thing is that I can connect using his account no problem from multiple systems and browsers. Can a local (his system) problem cause this error?

Does anybody know what can cause this sort of issue?

It looks like a issue connecting to webui but ive tested and connect fine, It just seems to be him :(

PS. I've already recommended updating system, java, browser and also cleaning cookies/session date etc, and he has but has same issue.

[EDIT] Fixed.

Dumbass didn't check his Peerblock, Our IP was still be blocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have some problem on IIS rewriter.

My IIS is 7.0 (Win2k Srv 8), and cannot use the rewriter.

I downloaded the current 2.x version or old 1.x version of Ionic Rewriter, but still cannot success let /gui folder go live (where /webui-shell is accessible)

Any further hints for me?

Some further info:

I connect to my web server:

http://localhost:3320/gui/

It responds:

Configuration error: You are not going through the rewriter or the altname is incorrect.

You should use /gui/.

My iirf.ini config:

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^$

RewriteRule ^/gui/(.*)$ /webui_shell/index.php?shell_file=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/gui/(.*)\?(.*)$ /webui_shell/index.php?shell_file=$1&$2 [L]

Finally! I get the full version to workable!

Have a very quick try, it's a great tool! But if the torrent download folder can be user specific is superb! Current downloaded file are sharing with all user, although their have "download files" option, but if the torrent is stored in subfolder, then the download function is not work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hvaing a strange issue, I just cant seem to get this install to work anymore :(

I have installed it now on about 4 systems all running Windows Server 2008 R2 using the FULL package. I cant see any steps I have done different of any programs that could be conflicting but now I just cant seem to get it to work and cant access it via browser, either internally or externally.

Ive checked running services and it looks like Apache isnt running and wont start.

Does anybody know what could be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Somebody please help, This is driving me insane. I just cant see why the installation has suddenly stopped working. I'm doing nothing different to other times I have installed, Ive also tried different variations like Win2k8 SP1, pre SP1, updates, no updates, clean install, no firewall, added apaceh to firewall.

Nothing, the service just doesnt start and I cant access teh shell, Can somebody please shed some light on it or help in any way :(

Its really strange, I just dont understand why its suddenly decided not to work on any system/config Ive tried.

How do I check event viewer, sorry I'm a apache etc n00b which is why I used the FULL package.

[edit] I found even viewer but no idea where abuts to look :(

The Apache service named reported the following error:

>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 29 of C:/Slots/Shell/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Slots/Shell/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll into server: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Slots\Shell\PHP\php5apache2_2.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagn

[EDIT] Solved it.

I did allot of digging and it was down to needing the x86 redistributables even though im using x64 windows. Its really strange and im baffled why I suddenly ned this as I havent on any of my previous setups using exact same windows/prgrams/versions etc, Even on a clean isntall it worked but for now just doesnt on any unless I install x86 redist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've sent an email to the author, but I don't know if he received the email. However I will post here once more.

There's a security bug that known since last year I tried this. Until now is v.0.7.0 and still not yet fixed. I will post here so that people know about this problem.

The problem cause by the subdirectory base64 encoded in URL.

Li4v = ../ 

http://host/gui/shell_file.php?shell_file_get=1&shell_file_sub=Li4vLi4vLi4vLi4v

The above url will load back 4 directory. This is a bad security practice and I suggest you to add the ff code:

if(strpos($cursub, "../") !== false){
die("Directory not allow");
}

after

$cursub=base64_decode($_REQUEST['shell_file_sub']);

in

webui_shell/inc/user/file.php

This will fix the directory problem, but I suggest you change it into something else safer. This in combine with your httpdownload class will let user download any file in the server.

With the download using php class, it's too slow and CPU consuming base on my experience. 1 user using IDM cause 3% in 1 core. I suggest you change it into a sub directory or let user config an Apache vhost and use that vhost to serve file instead of using php (or just let them use it as an alternative). This will significant increase the speed and lower CPU consumption.

Also I could not figure out what are the directory that I should include in my open_basedir configuration. I have the ff in my open_basedir : /wwwroot/ui/ /tmp and /wwwroot/files

ui is the root directory contain webui_shell

files is the directory of the vhost and save file location.

and the webUI just not work. There are several error as ff:

1) WEBUI: Error

2) "something" token

3) Invalid Config

I tried most of the uTorrent combine with WebUI and the latest MultiuserUI (0.7) but none works in open_basedir activated.

These just are my suggestions to make Multiuser UI become much better. as soon as I found any other bug I will let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Sorry if this has already been posted about but I'm not sure how to search a specific topic.

I'm having an issue with magnet links when adding via the Shell..

cURL error: Could not resolve host: magnet:; Host not found (6)

Does anybody know what issue is or how to resolve?

Thanks in advance for anybody who can help.

Archived