yellow icon, D/L at 2 kbs

Chielus

hello,

something blocks my connection to utorrent and i cannot figure out what, i have no firewall except the windows firewall (vista)

utorrent is added on the list of exceptions on windows firewall:

utorrent TCP-in

utorrent UDP-in

utorrent => exception for the exe file of utorrent

utorrent port => exception for port 49789 (this is the port utorrent uses), TCP protocol

all these are checked in that list, the last 2 are added by myself

i have belgacom adsl skynet go, i think that's 2 MB/s ADSL

i also have a D-link router: DSL-300T

so what is wrong?

1st and 2nd link in my signature.

1st one is for troubleshooting, and tells you what information you'll need to give us if the problem isn't solved quickly.

2nd link gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is far less than max download speed for most connections.

Bad settings may work ok with many torrents...then cause all kinds of problems on very busy torrents.

You may want to use lower settings than your connection can handle because it is shared with others or due to monthly bandwidth quotas.

i've read all that, nothing helps

it has to do something with my router: D-link DSL-300T

so i go to the settings of the router at http://192.168.0.1/ and i succeeded to login

i added on the tab "virtual server" this query: (name): utorrent (private IP): 192.168.0.144 (Protocol): Both 49789 / 49789 (Schedule):Always

of the private IP i'm not sure, that's my IPv4 when i run ipconfig

and i added on the tab firewall:

Action Name Source Destination Protocol

Allow utorrent *,192.168.0.1 *,192.168.0.1 *,49789

but it's still yellow, what's wrong?

Apparently you missed the ...and tells you what information you'll need to give us if the problem isn't solved quickly.

Your modem may also contain a mini-router or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled.

Is it in www.portforward.com routers list?

You almost certainly used bad settings for uTorrent, seeing as how you don't even seem to know how fast your ADSL is. Do speed tests...UPLOAD is what matters.

Archived