Serious wierd issues

thackstonns

Okay So i am running utorrent on vista 32 bit. I have forwarded the ports properly, and have turnied off the firewall. I am running through a router so i have a hardware firewall. here is the thing. i am instructed to change my listening port. Fine and dandy buy i cant find one that is not blocked. So i though maybe it was my ISP. So i downloaded utorrent on a pc running win xp. Here is the wierd thing if the listening ports are set to the same and utorrent is running on the xp machine I pass the port test on my vista machine, but as soon as i stop utorrent on my xp machine i fail on the port check. Even if I have them running on both machines, my downloads always suck on my vista machine, and it always says that my nat is blocked. I am stumped. And have no clue. It has to be a vista issue.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I know i dont have it forwarded to the xp machine in the router. Just the vista machine. I should have explained that its open on the xp machine without any forwarding in the router, however its only open on the vista machine when the xp machine has utorrent running. I will do a hijack this to see. would it be helpful if i posted the log here. I didnt see anything running

Archived