"Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" message

mersparks

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the same message: "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming"

I used to have an old version. Then I got a new laptop with vista. When I transferred everything, and finally opened up Utorrent, it asked me to upgrade, which I did. Ever since then, all but 5 files out of 86 have this message next to them. I have tried to do a forced start, then I also get the message:

"Error: Files missing from job. Please recheck"

You told mersparks to do the Right click --> advanced --> force re-check, but when i right click and do advanced, I don't get the "force re-check".

I have no idea what has happened. All the files have a red x next to them too, except for the 5 that are working fine. I have not tried to download anything new yet, so I am only speaking about old files.

Hope you can help cause i have done everything you have suggested to the other person!

The "stop" option is greyed out on all the torrents because they are all in the Completed section. However, on one of the torrents, I right clicked then pressed "force re-check" and it dissapeared and went into the "downloading" section. BUT here is the deal, I am still able to open the files up in my personal folder and watch them. Its just that on the Utorrent program, everything is messed up. I tried uninstalling it, then installing it back, and all my information is still the same and nothing changes.

Hello,

I too have the same problem.

for some of my torrents i get "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" message.

some of these are downloading and some are uploading. of course when this happens it stops the up/downloading. I have not changed anything in the computer or the destination folder.

I have tried re-checking but always at some point during re-checking i get the same message.

Its really weird i haven't been able to find a solution in the forum!

Please help

I get the same message for 1 to 3 random torrents right after starting uTorrent. When I select those torrents and click start, they work just fine. It's only a minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to get rid of it.

It all started after I installed Truecrypt. My hard drives are mounted via a batch that later also starts uT.

Someone recommended deleting all uTorrent configuration files, but that's not an option. Adding all my torrents again is a lot more effort than starting one or two torrents once a day.

So.. anyone any ideas? :)

Well, I think invalid download state means the state uTorrent sees isn't what's on disk...how it checks this, I've no clue. So yes,a START or recheck will allow you to continue on.

To anyone who told you to re-install uTorrent...tell them to use uTorrent before giving out help :P And btw, settings.dat stores all your settings. You don't need to remove resume.dat (your torrent list) unless you WANT to clear your torrent list.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as all of these folks above w the same error messages and am in exactly the same situation.

Unfortunately I don't understand what you are advising them to do to clear this up. I am unable to download or to seed any of my previously running torrents...

Could you go through the answer again with me in the most simple of technical language?

Thank you much!

-parislights

• 10 months later...

HI,

I moved the 100% downloaded files from one folder to another. after moving files utorrent application started showing this error message.I gone through faqs and changed the location for completely down loaded files... now my new completed downloaded files are moving automatically to proper locations.

BUT, my earler downloaded files are still showing the Error: Invalid download state, try resuming.

step by step assistance needed.

Thanks and Regards,

• 2 months later...

How did you determine that it was "fixed" if it's still problematic...?

When you right-click the torrent and open containing folder, does it open the correct folder with all the files in the correct location? If so, stop the torrent, right-click, and force recheck. Otherwise, right-click the torrent, advanced, set download location.

• 7 months later...

I had this problem, the torrents wouldn't download no matter how many re-checks I did. But it started working after I in desperation changed the download folder of the torrent because it had complained "Download folder not found" when i tryed opening it. Now everything works beautifully again, although now I always have to change the download folder after starting any new torrents.

Dreadwingknight wrote "Highlight the torrent, right-click it and click "Start""

That worked for me! Thanks! 'Cause I also was wondering that the heck happened? I leave in the morning and when I return in the afternoon, all my torrents went dead

• 1 month later...

I am also receiving the same error message. But the files are already downloaded and accounted for. This all occured after I transferred all files from C drive to D drive. The drive transfer happened after all of them had originally been put into the C drive from the begining of the torrent download. What im more concerned with, since this message is present does that mean that my torrents are not available to upload? How do I correct this? I dont want to restart the download, because I already have the files and ont need to. Thanks in advance for any help.

In the torrent job status, I get "Error: Access Denied" and UTorrent Mainline halts the torrent job

Make sure you are not using an incompatible software that can cause file access issues. If you are not, then make sure you have the right credentials to be using the target file and/or (containing) directory.

On some systems, Windows Explorer may attempt to preview media files when you are browsing the containing directory for the files. If this happens while UTorrent Mainline is attempting to write to the file, then UTorrent Mainline won't be able to access the file, and accordingly, it will throw this error message. To prevent this from happening, make sure you don't view the folder in "Thumbnail" or "Filmstrip" mode. Additionally, you may want to consider unregistering the shell media file property extractor in Windows by visiting "Start" > "Run" (or by pressing Windows+R on the keyboard), typing regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll into the "Open" field, and pressing "OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I signed up here only today though I've been using torrents since 5 years. That's because I had never got any problem with torrents.

I've a 6.17GB file to be downloaded(The songs compilation). But after about 100-150 MB, I get the "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" message.

I cannot check the torrent and keep resuming it again and again because I'll not be at home. Its been a week but the downloaded part is just 1.1GB. I had never got this message before but these days, its showing for each and every torrent I download.

I just want to know whether there is any solution other than resuming the torrent again and again? If not the solution, please let me know what could have gone wrong!!

Vorpal

• 1 month later...

Archived