"Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" message

mersparks

I had the same error and I fixed it.

All of my torrent are downloaded directly to my external hard drive and i went in my computer and noticed the drive letter had changed from "J" to "F" so i went in computer management and changed the letter back to "J" and everything worked!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey up, I was having the same problem until I changed the download location. Now is downloading as usual. This is what i did:

Right click on the torrent > Advance > Set download location...and then select a new folder where you want the torrent to end up.

Hope this helps!

While downloading the internet speed just redused suddenly and the comp was'nt responding.

i switced it off and started it once again ,the downloading part.

but now it says "Error:files missing from job.Plz recheck"

i tried to strt it once again but nothing happend!!!!!!!!!:(

Plz tell me how to resume it??????:(

• 4 weeks later...
How did you determine that it was "fixed" if it's still problematic...?

When you right-click the torrent and open containing folder, does it open the correct folder with all the files in the correct location? If so, stop the torrent, right-click, and force recheck. Otherwise, right-click the torrent, advanced, set download location.

This worked for me.

I had moved my files onto my external hard drive and had to reset the download location. After that I saved the new location and clicked force recheck everything was working perfectly again.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

At first, sorry for my english, that's not my motherlanguage.

I have the same problem. But, when I want to restart my download, uTorrent crash (I have the message "uTorrent is not responding" and I must close it). I can't force download, check, or force check.

And the file resume.dat is very strange.

resume.dat

I don't want to delete and restart because I was at 33.3 % and That's a torrent of 139 GB.

My download is on an external hard drive, and I use widows seven 32 bits.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.

Oskiator

• 4 weeks later...

the problem is not in your torrent it is in your hard disk.. follow these steps

1. go to your folder and copy downloaded data to another folder

2 during copying it will show you error in some files delete all these files or folder

3 now delete your old folder and rename your new folder to that old folder

4. remove the torrent (only remove option)

5. add the torrent again

works for me every time because i have bad sector in my on hard drive. hope it will work for you

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a slightly different problem then the previous people in this thread. I wonder if there is a way to turn the "Invalid download state, try resuming" error message off on files that are 100% downloaded.

As my workflow is so that I download them to a temporary folder, to later move them to an special folder on an potable hard drive. But as my memory can sometimes fool me I save them in the "History" or "Downloaded" (Don't know what it's name is on the English translation, using my local language and will not turn to English even that I want it to). So the error message on the popup-balloon gets irritating after a while.

So is there a way to turn off the "Invalid download state, try resuming" error message? If it isn't is it planned? If it isn't planned could you add it?

Side question:

Why even check if Stopped torrents have the files on the hard drive?

Windows Vista,

µTorrent 3.0 Beta (build 25277),

No Torrent apps

Dear regards,

Jerakin

• 2 months later...

I FIXED IT!!!!!

Turns out the Problem lies within INTERNET EXPLORER

I changed my default download location in IE9, and thats when the problem arose. It seems that both Utorrent and IE use the "default download" location (i.e, C:\users\USERNAME\Downloads)

Once i changed it back to C:\Users\USERNAME\downloads, everything was fine

Just go to google and right click the image, save it to c:\users\username\downloads... make sure in utorrent as well it saves your files to the same location. Hope this helps!!!

BTW i am running win7 genuine with IE9 and Utorrent 3.0

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have similar problem, but I will tray to explain everything from begginings.

I have uTorrent v 3.0 and in the folder were I keep all my downloads, there is about 50 downloads which I keep to be able to share with others on line while I am downloading something else.

The problem is that every time when I start my uTorrent application all those 50 downloads or part of new downloads always showing status: "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" .

Choosing the "Start" option uTorrent start downloading again previously fully or partially downloaded material, which is not recognized as already fully or partially downloaded. That action is not desirable.

After (specially when those days the torrents getting bigger and bigger) long lasting "Force Re-check" option to all downloads, at the end of action all downloads are showing correct status and all connections and addresses are corresponding to the right folders. All action from that point are as suppose to be.

Sometime during using uTorrent for long period of time, pausing individual or all torrents, some downloads automatically change status again to "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" .

Practically the same situations occurs every time I start uTorrent freshly from the start.

The whole process is very annoying and time consuming, and slowly getting on my nerves.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, my settings in preferences are incorrect or there is something that I am missing. If so please help me to resolve that problem.

Thankyou all for help......:D:(:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Friends i got the same problem a few days ago,and i think i solved it and it might just work for everyone. like most others i had copied the files somewhere else and it showed error invalid download. here's what i did let the files remain where they are. As soon as you open utorrent select the torrent that is showing the problem and remove them. Then click add torrent and add the same torrent again and this time select the new path of the files. It will check and then download your torrent normally!!

• 4 weeks later...
all 31 one of my downloads and the new downloads now say the above message in the space under "status"

I have tryed "resuming" by right clicking on the icon in the tray, clicking Resume in the drop down box, with no changes to the message.

Any Ideas?

This worked for me Windows 7, U torent 3.1

Right click on download, click on start, you now get an error message: file missing from job. Right click download again click force recheck. It stops at 99.9% recheck, Right click download again click start and it will be back to normal in a couple minutes.

• 2 months later...

Ok I had the same problem which I managed to solve. I had the Invalid Error and everytime I tried to force-recheck I then had another error which wouldn't finish the recheck. I tried to force start and all that business with out any success.

What I did do though was go to Options>Preferences>Directories, then where it says Location of Downloaded Files I re-slected my Downloads folder the click apply. Once you have done that you should be able to force-recheck the torrent and then start downloading again.

I would also change the downloads folder of your web browser different to Utorrent because for some reason it doesn't like to share.

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

Situation:

My physical drive is one but i had 4 partitions. For ease of use, i merged my E drive with D.

Then i changed the download location for all the torrents(mostly completed ones) which was previously in the E drive.

Some torrents had no problems, but then others had "Error: Invalid Download state, Try resuming".

When i resumed it, the status changed to "Error:Former volume not mounted".

Solution:

Previously, i tried stop, force recheck, set download location, changing the completed files to a different new drive, but all this was done without proper order.

If you have this problem, do it in this order:

1)stop the torrent(if stop button is greyed leave it as it is),

2)set the present location by: right click >advanced >set download location,

3)force recheck.

If it is already completed torrent, the torrent will be moved to 'downloading' tab and stopped. Now go there and start it. It should recheck it successfully.

If it does not solve still, i will advise you to :

4)exit the application(go to task manager and in the process tab click the 'utorrent.exe' and select end process)

and repeat steps 1-4 until you get it solved.

Because, for reasons who knows, i didn't get this solution on the first try. I just kept on repeating these steps for couple of times.

Good luck. :)

Archived