µtorrent steals all availible bandwidth

theed

well, i'm not really sure I can tell, but I have been download at full speed and uploading in full speed since I installed it.. does it take more than that? traffic shaping setting was set at auto, and I tried always on as well, but I never noticed any difference in speed what so ever.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe this will help...

I had the same problem and discovered that I didn't have port-forwarding set for the uTorrent port. When installing uTorrent, a message said that the port was ok and open, so I didn't check it. After I set the port-forwarding in my LinkSys WRT54G router and reset the router, it has been much, much better.

I found the resolution to the problem.

For those who remember the Windows XP Service Pack 2 problem with the 10 Half Open TCP connections, well check your TCP settings and it seems a recent windows update has reset your file.

I apply the TCP changes from 10 to 50 as recommended and im now getting health on a file of 20659 and speed of 86kb/sec obviously if i set it higher I would be getting more. Please try it and let me know

Yea but the problem is not that he's receiving a speed throttling with uTorrent just that when its running it steals bandwidth away from other programs.

If his ISP was throttling it he wouldn't get good download speeds which he is.

Actually, this is a misconception.

If your ISP had the right equipment, it would be trivial for them to cripple your line across-the-board or in a myriad of ways if they detect even a single bittorrent packet.

They may in fact WANT you to think "BitTorrent screws up my internet connection!" so you won't do it...but what's really happening is THEY screw up your connection and make you think it's somehow your fault.

"ISP" doesn't just mean web browsing and email, and any 'ISP' that thinks otherwise needs to face a criminal fraud investigation.

I've been wanting to ask this same question from day 1 I switched to utorrent. Before when I was using BitComet, I was able to browse the web pretty smoothly with BC running at 200KB/s download & 60KB/s upload speed at the same time. Now with uTorrent, even at only 40KB/s down and 40KB/s up, browsing web becomes unbearably slow. I'm really frustrated.

Unfortunately, after another day's try. all these tricks don't seem to make a difference. I switched back to bitcomet for a few hours this afternoon, web surfing instantly became much faster as well as bt download speed.

You may ask why don't I just use bitcomet. Well, because I'm using a few private trackers and I'm afraid one day they'll ban me for using it. Too bad there seems to be no perfect bittorent client:-(

I'm using Azureus now, with the same setting as uTorrent and dowloading/uploading the same tasks. Guess what, it works like a charm. I can surf the net without any speed bump. Sorry to say that but I guess I'm sticking with it for now. Thx for all the help. I'll keep an eye on uTorrent for sure 'cause I still hate java:)

Strange... I really wonder what's causing that.

seriously re-apply the windows tcp half open connections patch and up it to 50. for some reason the settings changed back after a recent update.

Has anyone actually bothered to try it, I did and mine is working perfect, oh and I used to have it set before. I had the same problems as everyone is describing

Archived