µTorrent MiniUI

Ultima

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't care to use WebUI on a desktop computer, then you can...

1. Download the ZIP file linked in the first post

2. Extract it into some directory (like 'webui' or something)

3. Extract the GZ files' contents into the same directory and remove the GZ files

4. ZIP all of the files in that directory (files inside 'webui', without the actual 'webui' directory)

5. Name the newly-created ZIP file as webui.zip

6. Place this webui.zip in Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent

Assuming you set WebUI up in Preferences > Web UI, you can then visit http://[iP]:[port]/gui/ using your mobile device, where [iP] is your computer's IP address (the computer running µTorrent), and [port] is the port µTorrent is listening on for incoming connections.

Thank you. I'll try that.

I have been using Windows 7. Is there a way to get this to work on that. When I type the %appdata%\utorrent, all I get is a link to my current torrent files. I have XP Pro installed also, but I would prefer to use 7 if I can.

@dosborne i suggest you read the webui part of the forum http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=33186 before you start asking question like that here!)

@Ultima i've noticed a bug when paginating is activated on the files section of a torrent. If you have multiple pages of files within the torrent and are on any page other than the first, altering the priority does not alter the priority of the intended file (it alters priority of the file on the first page in the same vertical position)

Disabling the pagination obviously resolves this issue.

Keep up the good work

PS i look forward to the inline updating of stats!)

mh

• 2 weeks later...

Ultima,

Sorry to bother you but I couldn't figure out if the forums supported a PM function so I thought I'd just bump this thread. I've easily gotten miniui to work on my iPhone. Here's where I'm having problems...

Adding a torrent via URL either produces an invalid passkey or it won't add anything at all

I can download the .torrent to my iPhone but mini doesn't allow me to browse to add it.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated. I'd much rather download the torrent and add it through miniui if that's possible.

Thanks Ultima!

EDIT

My problem seems to be with my passkeys. ANY help is appreciated.

Hi,

I'm a big fan of the WebUI, and I use it all the time. I recently got a Blackberry curve 8330 and decided I'd give the miniUI a go. I installed it, and it works from any PC browser, but not on my curve. I know the curve browser isn't supported, so I installed Opera Mini 4.2, but it just times out... I verified that Opera mini can get to my PC, as it was able to get to my "main page" where I link all my web services. Everything else works fine, but I can't get to the miniUI from Opera mini.

Any ideas?

Indeed, that's actually a relatively recent Opera Mini bug ("recent" as in probably within the last few months). Essentially, they broke their regular expressions engine, and it can't handle non-ASCII characters properly. The end result is that MiniUI (which relies on regular expressions) fails to load properly. The same exact problem happened in several of the weekly desktop Opera builds, which they fixed after a little while.

To verify that it's non-ASCII characters that are breaking MiniUI, you can try using MiniUI without any torrents in your list with non-ASCII characters. I'm not sure how one would notify Opera of a bug in Opera Mini, though I'd suspect the Opera forums may be of use.

Edit: Reported the bug here.

Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly, even with no torrents in the list it still "times out".

Like I said before, if I go to my PC's "home page" it works, but the miniui on the same PC doesn't. It does work from a PC browser however, so I know that its functional...

Do you know where I could find an older build of Opera that might work?

Thanks again!

Wait, do you even see anything load in the browser other than unstyled text (no tabs, colors, etc.)? Have you unpacked the .gz files as described in the first post?

* Some browsers and proxy servers don't support GZIPped content. If you find that MiniUI is not loading properly, try extracting the *.gz files that come with the package, deleting the *.gz files, and replacing them with their respective un-GZIPped counterparts.

What does the µTorrent Logger tab show when you try loading MiniUI?

• 2 weeks later...
2009-05-17

+ Feature: Add multiple torrents by URL

+ Feature: Paging in the Settings pane

~ Change: Enlarge click area for previous/next page changers

* Fix: Improper file priority setting

Eh, long due for an update, I guess... The changelog is short, but a LOT of changes were made to the internals. I don't know if I broke anything, but I haven't seen anything wrong. I still have to rewrite/refactor a bunch of code before I can add other important things, but it's been a long time since the last update (and I can imagine the file priority bug is rather annoying), so here's what I have so far.

Archived