2 questions

shrav007

1) If i cap a torrents' upload speed to 1kB/s the maximum download speed i get is around 12 kB/s for it. I have tested this with lots of torrents from a variety of trackers. Is uTorrent causing this? If so how can i stop this from happening so that my dl speed doesnt get capped?

2) When i click help---->show statistics there is a field saying "# connections" is that the total number of seeds and leechers i have connected? If so i don't think the figures are showing up correctly as i added all the seeds and leechers connected to me on the torrents and the figure is way less than that of the # connections.

I have setup uTorrent according to this post: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 and I am fully connectable.

so just to clarify..

1) utorrent is capping my download because the upload is capped to 1kB/s and there is no way to stop that from happening

2) If the tracker connections are also being taken into account shouldn't the number be higher? e.g. i'm connected to 1 seed, 1 peer and 1 tracker so therefore you're saying that "# connections" should display 3 to me?

Oh...MaxOnline ISP in Singapore.

They throttle/disrupt BitTorrent traffic and probably a lot more if it's bound for ips outside its limited allow list. :(

If you're lucky, you might get 50 KB/sec down and 5 KB/sec up.

Encryption in uTorrent may help...slightly.

Archived