RSS Filter Problem

heximal

Hey, guys,

When I try to add a feed (Tokyo Toshokan) and choose auto download, the RSS Downloader automatically creates a filter to download all torrents from that feed (by inserting * in the filter) and starts to download them all. Since I only want to download certain anime, I obviously have to edit that filter.

When I try to change * to *gintama*, utorrent automatically disables the "Automatically download items published in feed" in the "Edit Feed" menu. As a result, I can't automatically download any torrents.

When I click again "Automatically download items published in feed", I automatically get a new filter, with * and all torrents start automatically downloading again. My previous filter is completely ignored, since the new filter uses *.

Seems like there's no option to make the filter work. Any ideas what's wrong?

Also, from the RSS tutorial, I see that the RSS Download window has four tabs, and I have only two (Favorites and History). Anything wrong with my installation (although I reinstalled already...)?

437rss.png

The tutorial is for 1.7. If you look in the category pane, (press F7 a few times) you will see the RSS feeds now below your user labels.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of your favorite settings? Just Alt-PrintScreen paste to some image application (mspaint works) and upload somewhere (http://imageshack.us works) .. there are people who have reported this previously on 1.8, but helpers haven't been able to reproduce it. It's usually some favorite setting gone awry.

There you go:

clipboard01gl8.th.jpgthpix.gif

I managed to make the filter work, although I don't think this is how it was intended to be used. As I've already explained in my previous post, when I click on "auto download" in the Edit feed menu, utorrent creates a new * filter. I immediately disable it (the second filter in the screenshot) and I keep active only the previously edited filter, whose settings you can also see in the screenshot.

That's quite a match list.... Some helpful hints. If you KNOW the format of releases you want, you don't need to use * to prepend matches. ? matches exactly one character, since you're matching original, not decoded name. I know that would at least work for dattebayo fansubs, better than your *DB* ;)

Right, sorry I'm not sure about that.. I'll have to double check whether my feeds are different than yours in rss.dat

Recently http://utorrent.com/rsstutorial.php was updated for 1.8, but there's no mention of the default filters taking precedence. If it works right now as is, good fix for the problem until someone up this / other threads regarding the (transparent) changes.

Archived