Cannot get utorrent to work

krazykongo

i have not used my pc for about a month, but before it was working just fine.

i came back to it today and for some reason it just wont download anything. there is a blue triangle next to the name of the torrent and also a red circle with a white line going through it. im guessing it has something to do with that. anybody know?

and also for some reason i cannot get utorrent to shut down permanently. everytime i exit or close it it just restarts.

somebody please help me.

"icon" indicates that µTorrent was not able to reach the tracker. does this mean that theres something wrong with my settings?

"In many cases, seeing this (especially if you see host not found in Tracker Status) and having DHT on but still having no peers to connect to may mean that you'll have to find another copy of the torrent on another tracker." tried lots of torrents that are definitely working, but still doesnt download on mine.

i have tried using a different port, by selecting random port in the network settings. i have disabled all firewalls.

i have deleted the dat settings quite a few times but it doesnt do anything. still restarts everytime i close the program. still cant remove the program from windows completely.

ok, just reinstalled utorrent and still no luck

for some reason when i go into speed settings and test for open ports. it says the port isnt open, but it defiitely is because the method which i use in my router settings worked before.ive referred to portforward.com as well and done it exactly, but stil no luck

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same problem... Vista 32 bit, no firewalls running, I have even bypassed my router by plugging my comp directly into my cable modem. Still, every port I try says it's blocked. I have no idea what to do next...

• 2 months later...

I have encountered a similar issue. If you manually set an IP address in the advanced settings, using net.bind_ip, and then your IP address changes, you will encounter the UDP Port bind() failed error, since there is no adapter with such an IP. I hope this helps someone.

• 2 years later...

Archived