hiding torrents

iceberg

The university I attend blocks torrents. I have tried all means of port disguising to no avail. I am asuming they are using a packet examination method of blocking torrents. They refuse to understand that most Linux, BSD and other free OSes anre now distribued via torrent. I am not looking to download warez or anything else illegal, but downloading a CD over a dialup line when not at the university is a royal pain. I know that there are other ways to download these districutions, but torrent is much faster and doesn't bog down the main server. Can anyone think of any way to work around this probblem?

Thanks

Yeah, the fuckers won't understand, no matter how many pieces of hard evidence you throw at them. And they consider themselves 1337 individuals. :rolleyes: Ahaha! :lol:

Word has it that stuff like private tunnels may work to bypass the admins' restrictions, but since I've never even tried this, I can't offer any assistance unfortunately. :( But here's a sample of UC Berkeley's campus VPN service:

http://www.net.berkeley.edu/vpn/

You probably could not download because you can't get access to the port forwarding feature of your University's networking device. Some admins out there are real Nazi's when it comes to stuff like these. This behaviour of theirs was no doubt helped (at least in part) by some individuals who've committed slightly less legal or maybe even criminal acts on their networks. A few rotten apples always ruin it for the rest of us... :(

Archived