changed location of files now utorrent cannot open them

invadar

Hi, I have just fitted an external drive due to lack of space on my c drive

and have moved the utorret folders to it and although i have changed the drive letter

in preferences utorrent says it cannot open c:\folder\filename can anyone help please

thanks in advance Invadar

What is the full error message in the General tab Status field? Is it "Cannot open .Torrent file c:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Utorrent\your_torrent_file.torrent"??

You don't move ALL the data files unless you're trying to http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F in which case it sounds like you need http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 for your resume.dat

Be sure uTorrent is closed when you edit resume.dat! Be sure you read the thread AND backup your resume.dat before you start... especially if you're not clear, on the steps or you may have to add ALL the torrents again, instead of only pathing the .TORRENT/Data for your loaded torrents.

You can use Find/Replace on paths.. and Replace All when you set the parameters close enough so you won't mess something up. EACH torrent is under the tree for [ROOT] and each data location is set under each torrent.

Thank you for your reply to my problem.

The error message is in the general tab status field and says "Error cannot load c:\Dot_TorrentFies\torrentname.torrent".

I moved the .Torrent files folder to the root of F:

and the the actual Torrents to the root of F:

My .Torrent files were in the c:\Dot_TorrentFiles Diretory and i changed the path in utorrent preferences to

F\dot_TorrentFiles.

My Torrents were in the C:\Torfiles and i changed the path in utorrent (Put new Download in) preferences to F:\Torfiles.

so my prefences are now:=

[Put new downloads in] F:\Torfiles

[Move completed downloads to] F:\Bittor_finished

[store .Torrents in] F:\Dot_TorrentFiles

[Move .Torrent files for finished jobs to] F:\Dot_TorrentFiles_Finished

I'm afraid i do not understand how to use the unicode files in the article you recomended

it does seem that I need to edit the path in the DAT file, I have a Hex editor (Ultra Edit)

which seems to have the ability to convert unicode files!! Could I use this editor to edit the dat file?

Thank you Peter (Invadar)

Archived