µTorrent 1.8.1 released

Firon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some logs.

utorrents settings were: outgoing enryption enabled and incoming legacy allowed (any other encryption setting doesn't make a difference now, but this is what used to work)

halites: encryption set to both - rc4 preferred, enabled for in and out too.

max connections set to 20, uTorrent got stuck under 50kB/s, halite went up over 600 in a minute.

I am also a UPC Hungary user and I'd like to add something to this torrent shaping/throttling/whatever it is problem.

My max upload speed now is at 30 KB/s, but occasionally, when a peer show up with some specific client, the remainder of my "official" upload capacity gets into use for that period and for that connection (up to around 90 KB/s in total).

So I've had 4 torrents uploaded at 30 KB/s (not specific client user peers), and the fifth at around 55 KB/s for a Ktorrent 3.1.4 user, recently.

This is definitely not applies to peers using Azureus (3.1.1.0, 4.0.0.2), though.

Thanks everybody for working on it.

I've had Azureus 3.0.5.2 who could download from me at full speed, as well as utorrent 1.8.1 ones (I use UPC/chello hungary too). It is worth noting however, that the utorrent user also used Chello, in Austria.

But what badschandau said is generally true, I have a 30-40k global torrent cap, except for rare, seemingly random cases.

Just to add... I'm capped at 20-25 kb/s UL and 100-200kb/s DL which totally sux since I used to be able to get 70-80 kb/s UL and 650-750 kb/s DL... I haven't noticed it go higher in a while now and I really hope this gets fixed soon, I've never really had a problem this big before till now. Though I'll never abandon uTorrent no matter how long it takes to make the fix.

Extra note; I did check with my ISP and I did do a DL speed test and I do have full DL speed outside of uTorrent. Also, I did modify some settings about 4 months ago in uTorrent to help it go faster (net.max_halfopen fix, among other little things....), so if that has any affect on the new version, it'd be good to know.

THANKS for this new version. I decided to try the upgrade yesterday and it went very smoothly.

I used to have the problem where the torrents go "offline" status (but keep running?) and now - I still have the same issue. I thought that was fixed (?).

I pretty much only use Dimeadozen and Tradersden though, and I noticed now that the only torrents that this is happening with is with the ones on Dime, whereas my torrents on TD are all green/blue! So I wonder if there could be some kind of issue with Dime's tracker and utorrent????

Yesterday Dime was "down" and I could not even get to their website, but it came back up again late last night and that initial problem of my torrents turning red went away when it came back up, but overnight it is now acting the way it used to, which is that mysteriously most of my torrents (either uploads or downloads) will continue to run with active connections, but the arrows turn red in uTorrent's display window, and the message in the tracker tab says "offline (timed out)". Do you folks think I should ask about this on Dime's forum, or do you think it is the uTorrent problem I was told about up here before with v1.8 still acting up??

THANKS again.

For some reason every time I shut off utorrent (build 12639) and turn it on again. All the old torrents that I deleted gets reloaded back. All the new torrents that I added disappear... It was working before, maybe I added too many torrents?

NOTE: I DO delete the torrents every time I remove. (right click -> remove and delete torrent). I looked inside where I store the torrents and the old torrents are NOT there. The new torrents are there, but it doesn't get loaded. Right now I have loaded a total of 48 torrents, but I don't know what number it was when it started to fail.

error1dd4.jpg

Archived