µTorrent 1.8.1 released

Firon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I'm assuming there's site documentation... are you sure uT 1.8.1 is allowed? It's possible something relating to

Note to tracker staff: update your build checks! 1.8 is different from 1.7.7. The reserved bit is no longer set.

...unless 1.8 isn't allowed either. If there is site resource, are you sure it's not already being addressed?

Hello,

The latest version I downloaded (12639) no longer has the ability to sort by multiple columns in the main listview (by holding SHIFT when clicking a second column). Will this feature come back? When was it removed? I upgraded to the latest version when my PC was re-imaged, so I don't recall what version I was using previously.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply! And sorry for the incorrect report. I was trying to sort first by "Added on" and then by "Done" (amount completed), which was not responding. But based on your advice I tried it the other way around and it works.

Cheers!

Do understand the terminology used. Secondary sorting is used only when primary sorting is not sufficient (it is secondary to the primary). When is primary sorting not sufficient? When multiple items have the same values under the primary sort key/column. How does µTorrent break the tie? Using secondary sorting.

One thing I encountered on some forums:

It seems like µTorrent can't handle ~60 seeding torrents and 1 download for me.

When I seed my 60 torrents without downloading anything, there are no problems whatsoever. However if I start a download, I won't get max. speed and it seems like I'm not getting enough connections (4 connections for the downloading torrent, 0 for the seeding torrents). In order to get max. speed I have to stop all the seeding torrents, so the connections on the downloading torrent raise from 4 to ~25.

I can confirm that. Works the same.

Archived