µTorrent 1.8.1 released

Firon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a fast update from 1.8.

the best change is removal of download limitation. although I did not face any problem due to that limitation, the idea of developers to play cops was very disturbing. what I read in the forums was a harsh criticism of this attitude. it is good to see that developers took action for that changed which was backfired in the community. torrent is about sharing and unfortunately there is no way to eliminate greedy hit-and-runners. so developers should place efforts on improving client features rather than enforcing martial law on users. I hope utorrent developers will not fall into same mistake again. This is so important to me that, I registered just to post this comment, although I have been a regular reader of forums for long time (I don't like to write a lot :-)).

Although I agree with you, I must note that it was designed to better the community (improve total upload). Emule has a similar design...

edit:

An issue/question (with RSS) :

in the RSS feed's edit box - why is there a "use smart ep filter" box at all ?

it is in the favorite edit box too... isn't this a 'per-favorite' setting ?

Also the count down feeds'-update timer that used to be on 1.7.7 is missing ... Can it be revived ? maybe into the status bar ?

After installing this on Vista-64 with UAC active, on running uTorrent I was seeing an "Error opening Windows firewall: 0x80070005 Access is denied." message in the log. I ran uTorrent once with the right click "Run as Admin" option, and since then have had no more occurences of the error.

Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank all the people involved in this project for keeping up the good work and supplying me (and others) with this fine software.

I have a question concerning the use of proxies, esp. socks4a. It was announced that uTorrent 1.8.1 is now supporting socks4a ("Feature: resolve hostnames through SOCKS4a and HTTPS proxie"). Looking under the options "Proxy Server, Type") there's only socks4, socks5, https and http available. Was this feature removed again? Otherwise how can I use it?

Thank you.

Archived