µTorrent 1.4 released.

ludde

µTorrent 1.4 is finally out. The changes are quite overwhelming. The most notable new features are:

* Bitcomet style add dialog

* RSS Reader

* Speed wizard to select your proper settings based on upload speed.

Some other much requested features that have been added are:

* Add !ut to incomplete files

* Multi scrape

* Better download speeds from BitComet clients.

Hope you find the new release as good as the previous ones. If you have a chance, don't forget to donate to the project. There is a button at the bottom of the main page. That is greatly appreciated and means I can continue working on µTorrent.

There are tons of other features too. For the full changelog, please see:

http://utorrent.com/download/1.4/utorrent-1.4.txt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really impressive this program! :cool:

One of the best (if not the best) programs I ever used. Thank you for continuing support for older version of windows (Win 95, Win98, WinME). Your work is greatly appreciated, Ludde! :)

ETA:

Thank you Firon for pointing that out! :D

I have a problem. I'm using an mirc rss which uses a script to automaticaly write an xml file onto my hardrive containing the feed. How do I make utorrent work with that? It seems it doesnt. the xml file is in standard feed format and the links link not directly to files, but to a script that gets the files. so if I paste the link into firefox it waits a little and then asks where to download. Any suggestions?

Anyone found out a way to use BitMeTV's feeds? I tried to use the normal RSS feed, the RSS feed (direct download) (which is the one that should work), but when I double click a file in the Releases tab, absolutely nothing happens. The torrent isn't added, no error message pops up, nothing.

You should really add more support for your RSS. It needs ALOT of work...

"Unable to load "download.phpid=13202&name=blablalbal.torrent"!" Nice one O_o

But other then that good job.

That's a problem with the format of the feed. The xml feed need to contain the direct path to the torrent to work. (I think).

So go and complain @ your torrentsite's forum instead.

You should really add more support for your RSS. It needs ALOT of work...

"Unable to load "download.phpid=13202&name=blablalbal.torrent"!" Nice one O_o

But other then that good job.

That's a problem located at with the ppl hosting the feed.. The xml feed need to contain the direct path to the torrent to work. (I think).

So go and complain @ your torrentsite's forum instead.

o rly ? :) Funny how it works with every other RSS Autodownload proggy I try then? ;)

justanotherperson: You need to set the address using the :COOKIE: format if it's a private tracker that requires you to log in.

If the url to the rss feed is "http://tracker.domain.org/rssdd.xml", set it to "http://tracker.domain.org/rssdd.xml:COOKIE:uid=********;pass=********"

You can find the uid and pass information in the cookies in your web-browser (if you are logged in to the torrent-site of course)

Bloody brilliant. :D

download.phpid=13202&name=blablalbal.torrent

Did you copy that verbatim and edit out the torrent name? First off, you're missing the ?, and second, most torrent sites don't require a name. It should just be download.php?id=13202. Sounds like a bad RSS feed to me.

As for adding torrents from every other RSS autodownload program (read: TVTAD and TorrentVCR), no, v1.4 makes them obsolete (mostly). µTorrent now has most of their functionality built-in.

edit: Can we have a build 398 - 402 changelog please? :)

So you can add torrents from "every other RSS Autodownload proggy" now? I havn't noticed that.

Huh? You get programs that specifically do it you idiot. Google TVTAD, TorrentVCR, Azureus RSS Feed Scanner.

justanotherperson: You need to set the address using the :COOKIE: format if it's a private tracker that requires you to log in.

If the url to the rss feed is "http://tracker.domain.org/rssdd.xml", set it to "http://tracker.domain.org/rssdd.xml:COOKIE:uid=********;pass=********"

You can find the uid and pass information in the cookies in your web-browser (if you are logged in to the torrent-site of course)

Thank you, but i've already done that :)

/edit:

@Splintax: I copied it EXACTLY how i saw it in the window, just took out the torrent name. I *KNOW* its supposed to have a ?, why do you think I posted it?

"Sounds like a bad RSS feed to me" - see my comment on it working in every other proggy I try.

µTorrent now has most of their functionality built-in. - yes no shit, it just doesn't work (for me).

justanotherperson: Are there two different feeds? rss.xml and rssdd.xml?

Also, note the semicolon, ;, between uid and pass

The reason for my doubt is that I get the exact same result as you if I mistype the cookie string.

Yup, rss.xml and rssdd.xml, I re-did it following your steps, and whenever I try add a torrent now it says "Unable to add torrent: Connection closed by peer"

Archived