µTorrent 1.4 released.

ludde

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or 640/128, like I have. :( I just can't understand why can't they put 512/256 instead, it's virtually the same (640 - 128 = 512. 128 + 128 = 256, in other words you take 128 off my download, and add 128 on my upload) and for BitTorrent this makes a world of difference. It's a win-win situation IMHO. :|

Have tried the "Speed Guide" feature, but am not really seeing the improvement. My old settings of 8 active torrents / 7 DL (max 30 connections per) got me DL speeds in the range of 150K-250K typically, but with the recommended 3 active /2 DL (max 80 connections per) I'm seeing maybe 60-90K. Granted for two torrents that's reasonable, I suppose, but certainly not more efficient overall. Comments? My (crappy) ISP is Comcast and I appear to have something like 4Mbps/384Kbps. My old settings came about after much testing.

I finaly found a client working fine (utorrent).

But, after the update.. Things are not working fine anymore..

My msn stopped logging (xml files). And uTorrent keeps crashing...

So, if not this is fixable, my seeding ratio's will once again never get good.

Sombody help me, and damit.. dont write things that normal people wouldent understand.

Got a feed that won't work because it's not a link to the file? (MiniNova.org/tvtorrent.info) so all the places that I get torrents.

I saw a need for something to fix this.

The MiniNova feed isn't useable really in µTorrent so I wrote this little script. Go to here it's got instructions on the page.

If you have any comments please email me at MiniRSS@gmail.com (which is my displayed address here)

Also if anyone knows whether or not this is illegal please email me, because I would like to put my name on there at the bottom.

Sincerely,

~MiniRSS

Your script works perfectly. Thanks for putting this together.

damn... The buildin tracker doesnt seems to work. It works on 1.3.0 but now seems like the peers cant connect?
You sure you turned it on?

Of course

EDIT

I have a problem. I'm using an mirc rss which uses a script to automaticaly write an xml file onto my hardrive containing the feed.

what script is that?

Hi! I would like to say thanks to the uTorrent team for creating such a great program. It's small, feature packed and fast, something we don't see often. I've been using version 1.3 for a while now and I find it great to use. When I switched to 1.4 I found out that for those who have 5 kB/s upload or less are speed limited (yes I read the FAQ), I was a little taken aback. This is because I only have a 256/64 kb/s (kilo bits! not Bytes per second) upload/download speed. This is quite common for most of us in Australia. What I am saying is that it would be great if the limiter ratio was bumped up from 1:3 to 1:5 (ul:dl) at least. I believe this is not too unreasonable. Remember the bitTorrent protocol already has inbuilt download limiting to prevent too many leechers from benifiting too much.

Yeah, well, that was before the commercialization of the net began over a decade ago. If things were the same as they were then - all sixties-ish peace, love, and sharing for all - then there'd be a lot less worry about leechers...

Today's date is not 2006-01-13; it is 1993-09-4518 (if I added right).

In my country, %90 of the ADSL users have 256/64 connection, which is very poor. The maximum upload i can make available for utorrent is 4K. If i share more than 4K, that limits my download speed and i cant even browse the web.

If speed limit feature is not removed, or somehow re-arranged, I wont be able to use utorrent any more.

AND remember, some people donate to torrent sites and become members, in which case they souldn't be obligated to upload and share, because they help the torrent community by donating.

woah, all you people complaining about the limiter need to learn to use your fricking eyes and do some damn reading. How on earth did you learn to use torrents in the first place!?!? And i bet 95% of the people complaining here are downloading illegal material anyway so you have no right to be complaining how fast you get it. And this is Ludde's client, i'm sure he would appreciate it if you put a bit of money in his pocket before bitching at him on his forum to change things.

There are so many clients out there for you to choose from, if you dont like this one, why do you have to come back here and complain. Just go somewhere else and use another one. The only reason you must be coming back here is because deep down you know this client is one of the best to use IF used properly. So be patient with Ludde as he develops the features he has put in his client, he cant get everything right first time. If you have a problem then do some searching and/or reading about it, and help him out by posting about it in the proper place. All you people just instantly coming here, bitching about it without even getting your facts straight first are REALLY annoying. God help the next person i see in the IRC channel bitching about this.

Archived