Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludde

µTorrent 1.4 released.

maybe its just me but could you make the next version able to complete the most completed downloaded piece first as in having a higher priority automatically. I think azureus or other programs have it too.

Er the BitTorrent specs say that the torrent client should look for rarer pieces first. That way, the file is more spread out. It does the swarm no good to have redundant, common data all over the place, and one person with the rarest piece only.

Apparently, that's something you get in the "PersonalEdition Premium," and not the "Classic" (freeware) version.

I don't understand why everyone isn't using AVG anti-virus. It's free, it's detection is as good as norton's and it uses much less resources.

People think that if you have to pay for it its' better then other free products :D

I've been using AVG for quite some time and i don't plan on switching to another AV...

This is getting pretty off-topic, but in my experience NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best anti-virus software availible, they both use very little resources and are proven to have the highest detection rates.

This is getting pretty off-topic, but in my experience NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best anti-virus software availible, they both use very little resources and are proven to have the highest detection rates.

It's teh truth!

Let me explain something.

nod32 (pay) > avast (free) > avg (free) > norton (crap)

Now back on topic, where's the changelog for build 407 :D

Let me explain something.

nod32 (pay) > avast (free) > avg (free) > norton (crap)

Now back on topic, where's the changelog for build 407 :D

[off]...

can you add nod32(free) and antivir(free) to your equation please ?

no. does the freeware version have some support for emails/outlook ?

err..isn't the "job"/purpose of antivirus software to "scan" files on your hard-drive disk for potential malicious code?

Well...if you are checking your e-mail, through something like Firebird, Outlook, etc...the e-mails get retrieved from the ISP mail server, and get downloaded to YOUR hard drive, as? FILES! hehehe. So....if any AV can't detect viruses in e-mails...get a new AV.

Or, just don't use one, and only execute trust-worthy files from trust-worthy sources.

o.k.. sorry i dont yous IRC Client :( It's not an official version? I only found it on computerbase.de

sorry for my bad english

Beta 407 is supposed to be kept to IRC only because ludde asked the testers to, and it's potentially unstable and might not work right. Many of the new features aren't fully finalized. :P

Why is it not includet IP Ban /Kick etc ? This Feature would be very interestig. Maybe that would let Azureus and BitComet Users change to utorrent

that has been discussed before.. those feaures will never be part of the program.. utorrent is not bitcomet and it doesn't need to copy from bitcomet.. bitcomet is a stupid cheating client violating the BT protocol