µTorrent 1.4 released.

ludde

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job on the update!

can't wait for 1.5!

EDIT: Look how far utorrent has come - before, in general use I hardly found many people using it. Now, I see it as often as I see BitComet, and there are some torrents where the entire peer list is all using utorrent :P

Two suggestions though:

- Add Peerlist (We can copy the entire list, but only add 1-by-1)

- Option for update notification of beta releases

lol I was just thinking about the first suggestion too... Really, I was helping someone with a torrent, and I copied/pasted my peer list to him, but adding the IPs was a bit annoying... I know, you don't need to add every single one, but adding even 5 can get a little repetitive =P

The add IP dialog should be expanded is all -- allow multiple lines, one IP per line.

I have a problem. I'm using an mirc rss which uses a script to automaticaly write an xml file onto my hardrive containing the feed. How do I make utorrent work with that? It seems it doesnt. the xml file is in standard feed format and the links link not directly to files, but to a script that gets the files. so if I paste the link into firefox it waits a little and then asks where to download. Any suggestions?

Try file:///C:/location/to/file/on/hard/drive. (3 slashes)

Very, very nice. I will definitely stay with µTorrent - it is the best P2P program out there. You made an example of the way software should be written on Win32 - NOW PLEASE teach Microsoft how to program like this :-) That way when Office 2007 comes out I will not have to upgrade to a Pentium 6 with 8GB of RAM just to run Word...

Keep up the fantastic work!

Regards,

Alan Givati

First of all, congratulations on a masterpiece of a software.:) I love it!

I have some questions though being a newbie and all:

1.Why do you say it has faster dl with bitcomet clients? any explanation to this?

2. And I cant seem to understand how does the boss key work. The faq doesn't explain in detail how to set up the boss key to do what you want it to do? Please explain.

3. What is RSS? hard to understand this feature and its not explained in plain english in the Faqs.

Thank you very much.

Hail ludde!

Isamu

I also noticed that 1.4 uses less cpu than 1.3

My torrent machine has a 600MHz VIA cpu with 512MB ram. The system was really stressed when I was seeding 6 torrents with 1.3 - even the mouse cursor didn't move smoothly.

But now with 1.4 I'm seeding 9 torrents and using all of my bandwidth without problems.

Thanks for the new relase. I don't know what's wrong with this new release because I am not getting the speed that I normally would have with the 1.3 release. Can someone help me? For example... I have a torrent that has over 12k seed that is only going at 15k max? I am pulling over 100k+ with the 1.3 release whereas the 1.4 release I am getting no higher than 15k? That's what I noticed, your reply is much appreciated (for right now I am using 1.3 release). :)

Got a feed that won't work because it's not a link to the file? (MiniNova.org/tvtorrent.info) so all the places that I get torrents.

I saw a need for something to fix this.

The MiniNova feed isn't useable really in µTorrent so I wrote this little script. Go to here it's got instructions on the page.

If you have any comments please email me at MiniRSS@gmail.com (which is my displayed address here)

Also if anyone knows whether or not this is illegal please email me, because I would like to put my name on there at the bottom.

Sincerely,

~MiniRSS

Errr... is there a way to get past this? My max upload rate is 8 kb/s max downlad is 32 kb/s (I had 16 kb/s but upgraded it) it's an asynchronous (do I spell it correct?) ASDL as far as I know.

Problem is that when I have upload rate set to no limit (it's about 8 kb/s) the download rate is then very low, near the 8-10 kb/s When I set upload rate to 5 kb/s the download rate was ~32 kb/s in 1.3 and now it's capped at 15 kb/s.

I have uTorrent runing all the time my computer works, it's almost 20 h/d. And I do not download much (still seeding all the time) but when I want to download something I want it fast. I hope you get the idea, So is there a way to get past that 'cap' limit?

Thanks for the new relase. I don't know what's wrong with this new release because I am not getting the speed that I normally would have with the 1.3 release. Can someone help me? For example... I have a torrent that has over 12k seed that is only going at 15k max? I am pulling over 100k+ with the 1.3 release whereas the 1.4 release I am getting no higher than 15k? That's what I noticed, your reply is much appreciated (for right now I am using 1.3 release). :)

u are capping your upload speed too low, it is set to 5kB/s for what you say as utorrent 1.4 puts a limit to people who cap upload to less than 6kB/s, just set it higher, and just so u know setting your upload speed so low for a line that can download 100k+ is not nice

Archived