moving destination folder

dave36

Hi

I have an 80gb hdd and i just recently started downloading a 125gb torrent, which is a 380 part tv series. Utorrent said i didnt have enough space on my hdd to download, so i just set it to download the first part of the series. Today i went and purchased a 500gb hdd so i would have enough room to download the whole series. I moved my utorrent destination over to my new D drive, however utorrent dosent seem to find the half downloaded torrent i already have in that folder, it keeps trying to start the download from the beginning again. Is it possible to carry on with the half downloaded file, but in the new destination folder?

In 1.8 you can now accomplish this without moving the data. HOWEVER as you have it right now you need to STOP, right click, Advanced, set download location. Then right click, force recheck.

The alternative should this happen again without you moving things around in the background, to change location for FILES in multi-file torrents, you can go to Files tab, right click, Relocate :D

For more information, check out the User Manual by pressing F1 in the uT GUI.

I apologize

The alternative should this happen again without you moving things around in the background, to change location for FILES in multi-file torrents, you can go to Files tab, right click, Relocate

means that you do not have to move ALL the data in the same location, if you have part of the files already downloaded... you relocate the REMAINING data, BEFORE downloading, and it doesn't require any additional checking.

No uTorrent doesn't do any moving operations besides "move from default location when complete" no matter how many times people request it. :)

Archived