Upload speed extremely slow

Don't worry, we don't close threads for no reason

lol, I guess I'm just used to mods on some anime forums that go on power trips cuz there not gettin sum (if you know what I mean, lol.)

No news for now, but currently my download is VERY WEAK (only 150 kb/s max) but not a big deal as its sufficient for all intents and purposes, and upload is also pathetic (15). It's past midnight so I guess the maintenance goes at its peak when they expect most of their customers who arent nocturnal mofos like me to be in bed :P

• 1 year later...

Shaw has been my ISP for as long as they've been providing internet service and I've never had upload issues... until about a week ago. I can still download but no peers can connect to me. I've double checked everything and finally plugged my laptop directly into the cable model to eliminate the router with no change. Typical Logger tab messages are "Disconnect: Connection closed", or "Disconnect: Is seed".

I suspect there are more Shaw customers out there experiencing the same thing. I'm also in New West apmntm. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if things improve.

Thanks for all the posts related to this. I'm now able to set up a static DHCP & port forwarding on my Airlink AR680W router! I'm sure it will come in handy again one day. ;)

• 1 year later...

I'm back. So I left Shaw over a year ago and switched to Telus. The speeds were better (Telus High Speed plan was as fast Shaw's High Speed Extreme plan, though the monthly GB limit was the same as Shaw's High Speed) and I've encountered no problems whatsoever. However, I switched back to Shaw recently because Telus kept playing bullshit games with me on the bills and I kept getting harassing calls from survey takers and all kinds of agencies which no doubt Telus pays to pull off just so you'll buy their extra $5 a month call screening feature.

Sadly, it appears now that Shaw is doing what we all predicted they would promise they'd do back when we all conversed in this thread many years ago. According to Glasnost, they are definitely throttling the upload to less than a 10th of its capable rate and not throttling download one bit.

Is there a way I can get around their faggy little game? I've enabled Forced encryption and disabled "allow incoming legacy connections" but it's doing me no good.

Archived