Need P2P Protocol - Don't Have One

adalect

Hi...

I didn't know where to post this question so I thought this place was the best. If it isn't and somehow move, please understand that I couldn't find an obvious place for this post.

My problem is that I want to use uTorrent to download some linux distros but according to Network Connections in WinXP, I don't have a p2p protocol. I don't know where to get one. I have a DYNEX DX-E101 as an ethernet card and am not sure if the CD it has a p2p driver.

Can somebody help?

...That didn't work.

I installed uTorrent, setted my router, and downloaded a torrent file and ran it in uTorrent. But it didn't work. I port forwarded and everything, but uT gives me a yellow shape. I don't get it. I have uT working on another computer with a green shape, and Network Connections in WinXP (Control Panel) on that computer says that it has a p2p protocol. The computer that uT doesn't work on doesn't. The port numbers on uT and the router are the same for the computer that doesn't work too.

So what should I do?

I have already created the port forwarding rule in the router. The router home page displays two comptuers, and I have created two different rules for both computers. I seriously believe that I am missing the p2p protcol. That's the only difference between the two computers beside the port numbers, the working one has a p2p protocol in Network Connections whereas the other doesn't.

Well then, how can I make the red stop symbol in the bottom of the uTorrent window become a green symbol? I heard that green gives you the best speeds for your connection, but I don't know what to do to get it green. I am certain that I have already made a port forward rule and putted the port number in uTorrent. On the other computer, the symbol was automatically green after I made the port forward rule and set it up. On the computer that uT doesn't work really well on, it gives me a red symbol.

Archived