utorrent doesn't connect anymore

ivi

Hello,

After trying several things in order to get my utorrent working, i simply can't seem to get around the problem. Everything was working fine until i moved recently, and with that changing the internet connection and ISP. The connection status is always red now. Only twice it turned fully green for like a minute or so but it is mostly red and relays the message that the port is not forwarded correctly. I tried to randomize the ports and so forth yet it is always the same.

Unfortunately i don't know what kind of connection we have here because i have no access to the router or whatever the house is using to distribute the connection ( it is a student residence on a private building) The strange thing is that limewire works perfectly. I put the same listening port for utorrent as the one that limewire is using yet it still doesn't work. My ISP also is not on the black list of those who try to mess up torrent traffic and so forth (it's Scarlet in Belgium). Tried to disable dht and all of that but the result is still the same. I believe the issue to be simply the changing of the connection at this new house...

If anyone might have a slight idea as to what a possible problem could be I would greatly appreciate it.

I had a similar problem.I have a Westell 6100(verizon DSL provider) and a TRENDnet TEW-452BRP wireless router I reset up after moving and I just couldn't get the darn setup to work; even after trying to foward port after port after port. So, What i did was started from scratch:I disconnected my wireless router, and through my modem reestablished a static IP address. Once I was able to establish port forwarding this way, I reconnected the router and was for some reason able to foward the port through my routers IP page, and got it to working. Maybe this may work for you. Good Luck

Archived