Trouble with Upload Rate

AceAlmighty13

This is my first topic on this site so I don't know what you need from me to figure this out but I've tried just about everything to fix it and no luck. My upload rate is practically zero. My download rate is fine. I have peers but none of them are connecting. I've tried using dsl reports and my upload rate averages out to 435/kbps. I've tried port forwarding with no luck. I have my cable connected to a wireless router. I wish I knew what else to tell you but I don't and you'll have to bare with me and I'll give the answers anyone needs to help me out.

Hello, don't fret. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 Are you sure you have correct settings for your connection http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php based upon your upload speed from a speedtest and verified by sustained upload @ the limit (Speed tab, upload only, should be a horizontal line at the limit, with no peaks or valleys)?

I've had no luck with any of it. I'd like to put my time in as a seeder but can't because for some strange reason uTorrent or my router won't let me do so. I appreciate the help. I'm slowly beginning to realize I've never had an open port. I've rarely seen a green connection signal. It's always been yellow or red. I've tried forwarding the port and no luck. Should I keep trying this with a different port number?

Torrents with lots of seeds and few peers will seldom upload fast.

2nd link in my signature gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

NOTE: Max sustainable UPLOAD speed is far less than max download speed for most connections.

Did you go to:

www.portforward.com

...and see if your router is on the routers list?

Your software firewalls (1 in Comodo and probably another in Panda Anti Virus) may be blocking or at least partially crippling uTorrent.

Archived