access denied

renegadex55

I also get "access denied" (but in German, the language of my Windows installation; my uTorrent is in English - ???). I have to save this one torrent to the Vista partition because I'm running out of space on my Downloads partition and the file is 1.99 GB (http://www.gotbsd.net/torrents/PCBSD7-x86-DVD.iso.torrent).

When it is correct that it is some issue with user rights, then the correct behaviour for uTorrent should be to pop up the UAC confirmation dialog.

edit: I closed uTorrent, then opened it with administrator rights. That did it for me.

Do you have a link to the UAC "guide"... I don't think it would work... without bloating uTorrent. I thought UAC was part of explorer. As explorer isn't used to path/map/download/copy the data... I don't see how uTorrent could script this without becoming "made for Vista". Of course I disable UAC and choose no Vista where possible, so maybe I don't have the experience to judge.

I had the exact same problem with windows vista after upgrading to service pack 1.

I changed two settings to fix it, not sure which of the two solved it but experiment for yourself

1. Add utorrent to the DEP exception list, this is done by

right click my computer -> properties -> advanced system settings -> advanced tab -> performance settings, then change DEP settings to turn on for all programs except ...... then add the utorrent.exe to the list and untick which ever others you like

2. Go into user account control through control panel -> user accounts and then turn user account control off. This will also get rid of the annoying messages everytime you try to run an executable

These will require a restart of your computer, then your access denied message should disappear as it did for me

Hope it solves you problem

Archived