not available

eggthief

Hello,

I've been using Utorrent for nearly a year now, but the availability bar always goes red now. First I thought it was because of a bad torrent, but every torrent has this problem. So I tried some other torrent downloaders, but those have the same effect. I read about making a static IP and port forwarding, however when I browse to my IP, the default password which would be 'admin' gets rejected. I was pretty desperate and tried my mom's laptop to see whether that would work and yes it did. Pretty much my conclusion is that, my brother who has no life and plays world of warcraft 16 hours a day somehow blocked me from utrorrent, because just before I had this problem I forgot to turn it off once and he had a bad connection in his game (I know it's a disaster). Could anyone help me and tell me how I could unblock this? Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Go to kick your bro to begin! :D

Yep if your nerd brother has blocked uTorrent to have a full bandwith for WOW, that could be the pbm.

Maybe can you give us more details: OS, uT version and your modem/router version.

For admin code, try too 1234:1234, admin/"blank", admin:password.

Anyway you can RESET the admin password to access to the modem set-up. Watch the modem, maybe there is a RESET button to push to retrieve the default admin pwd.

If you use the same computer as your bro, maybe he created a rule in the firewall, check it too.

UT version: 1.8.1

Router version: ZyXEL Prestige 2602H-61C

modem version: Linksys WUSB54GR

hm well, the problem now seems to be that the standard IP for my router doesnt work, when I browse to 192.168.1.1 I get an error screen, is this because I made a static IP for myself? Oh and no, we both own a different PC and I cant find a reset button on my modem, I do know the one on my router though.

It's not normal 192.168.1.1 doesn't work to access to router setup... :/

Which firewall/antivir do you use ? (I know there are FW that block modem setup page...)

According to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/Prestige2602H-61C/BitTorrent.htm the admin passord is admin.

maybe control your router to find a reset button.

firewall is Kerio VPN and my anti virus is avg, but turning them off didnt help either. According to that link I have to fill in 192.168.1.1 at my web browser, with the Prestige 2602H-61 router it is 192.168.1.254 and that one works just fine, so tell me what im doing wrong there and I resetted my router but that didnt help.

watch again my link, they explain how to forward a port in Prestige, so you can compare if you did it before. Anyway if uT was green before, I think it's not an issue of bad port forwarding.

Maybe your brother has blocked uT in the router firewall or stg like that.

Anyway why do you not ask your bro what he has changed ? :D

I was actually using that link before I posted this thread, but I get stuck at this point:

"Open a web browser like internet explorer or Netscape. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. In the picture above the address bar has http://www.google.com in it. Just replace all of that with the ip address of your router. By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1. "

Anyway i think that all houses and pc's in this house use the same router, but could u tell me how to find a list of what the router firewall blocks? Utorrent is in the exception list of my normal firewall.

Oh and the only way to get an answer out of my brother here is by brute force, which isnt allowed in my house.

EDIT: hm okay I used this link to find out what my routers IP is http://checkip.dyndns.org/. But when I go there and try 1234 or admin I get denied.

Yep 192.168.1.1 is the url of your router. Anyway if your brother has modified the default admin pwd without to tell you, it's a pbm.

A classical procedure is to reset the router (then all its settings) to retrieve the default pwd.

Maybe can you watch in Google to find the tutorial of your router to apply the reset.

In addition, maybe your brother created a rule in the router firewall to block uT or stg like that.

IMHO the only solution is already to enter in router setup, first step.

well can't find anything, probably because I live in the netherlands and google somehow (use mine in english) thinks that I mainly want to read dutch pages and gives me irrelevant search results. I also read something about upgrading firmware (?), I went to the zylex page and downloaded the latest patch for my router, but it contains really weird files and Im clueless on where to put them.

This problem can occur when you have a firewall.

Myself I have a Sagem router with Vista + McAfee firewall, and a module of McAfee blocked my access to router setup page.

So I needed to disable its auto-running in Vista at each computer start.

Anyway if you have a pbm to enter in your router, google it, surely the best thing to do.

well I held it down for 10 seconds, waited for another 10 seconds as well before turning it on again, but when I go to http://192.168.1.254/, 1234 and admin dont have any success. I even mailed zylex about it and they say that the standard password is 1234. Ill translate their response:

"You have to reset the device again for 30 seconds by using a paperclip (while its turned on). Restart the pc after one minut and attempt to log in trough the standard password which is '1234'."

They kinda confused me with the whole paperclip thing there.

ok so I finally found the reset button yesterday and held it in until the right light started blinking and now nobody in my house has internet and we have to use our unknowing neighbour's wireless network. Anyway the problem is that the internet and dsl lights are on but the wplan (?) stays off and therefore we cant connect to the device.

It's normal I think, because you need to re-authenticate each computer to your router.

Just read the User Guide to add computer (surely by Wi-Fi at your home).

A basic procedure is to push a button on your router, and during 1 or 2 min, your router sends out a specific signal (watch the LED, it should blink surely) and computers (Wi-fi card etc) can pick up it to configure a Wi-Fi connection (WEP or WAP key, network name, etc..).

After that your computer will have Wi-Fi and your will be able to enter in router setup (1234 for pwd) and forward a port for uTorrent.

ehm, well we just went to the local pc shop meanwhile and they did something with it and now it works, but the password is still not 1234 here.

EDIT: meh, lol admin worked now I changed the password and now I need to know how to unlock myself from utorrent.

Archived