IO Error message

madmanpsu

Ok, I have been fighting utorrent all day without any success, so I am turning to here as a last and final resort before admitting defeat and looking for a new torrent client. I am running utorrent 1.8.1 on a Windows Vista system and have been getting the following error message in the logger:

[2008-10-13 20:51:15] IO Error:1117 line:370 align:-99 pos:-99 count:131072 actual:0

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how to correct it?

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a 32 bit operating system and attempting to save the torrents to a Simpletech 500 gig external Harddrive connected through a hub. All the other HDs on the hub are working fine and this one seems to be working fine other than not allowing utorrent to save the downloaded torrents to it because of the above mentioned error. I have verified that it is connected properly and I ran scandisk earlier in the day. I have been having problems with utorrent not responding periodically throughout the day, and have tried on of the solutions mentioned in another thread for that. I have just moved the HD to another location about a foot away from where it was and the other HDs. One other thing is that when I get this error in the logger, the status of one of the downloads turns to a red x and the status line reads: Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Maybe this additional info will help. I am ready to trash both the Simpletech drive and utorrent.

They just go sometimes. MyBook tends to die 23-26 months... simpletech sometimes are from a bad run... and you get a replacement through RMA. Did you scan it yet?

If the scan is clean, try only using ONE drive per controller (a controller is usually those two USB ports together) Most motherboards these days have three... to verify, check out your motherboard manual... and assign only one hard drive to one controller. Pumping alot of data is bound to make errors happen faster, but if there's still errors then, you should definitely think about RMA for those externals.

Archived