Torrent dont always stop seeding after change [Force Start] to [Start]

krutok

I recently changed a big bunch of files from [Force Start] to [start] and correctly some of the files with high enough seed ratio started to go into [Finished]. They did so in groups, but after about a minute all the torrents that would change had changed.

Some torrents with enough ratio, however, still stayed in [start] even though they technically should go into [Finished], since that is the behavior I have always observed. I have checked so that no specific per-torrent settings are in effect.

I suspect that it MIGHT be that they will change state if someone starts downloading the files, since it is very well possible that nobody has tried to download them at all. This would even be an explanation making it a feature and not a bug, although a pretty useless feature :) But once again, it could be suspected that actual uploading of a seeded file fires some event that checks if the state transition should take place.

What do you mean "technically should go Finished"? What are your Queue Settings? With no per-torrent settings, it goes by default. Are the torrents past matching the default 1.5 ratio and 90 minute seed times? You can tell this at-a-glance by seeing if # column has * or not.

Next time, unless you're sure about what's happening I'd recommend not using Found Bugs... especially on something mundane.

It does not have a *, i.e. it should not be "seeding". It should go to finished, as did the rest of the finished torrents. It has gone past any relevant default marks (1.02 ratio, 0 minutes), and there is no per-torrent settings. The lack of a * confirms this of course.

As I also stated it is in "Seeding" mode, but I have not seen anyone actually download from that specific torrent, and that MIGHT be the reason it hasn't/didn't change.

It pretty much always works and has worked ok here too... and it also seems that people have been downloading the file intermittently. So whatever the "problem" is, to find it, one would have to see the governing source code and find the possibility of this happening.

Apologies, if you can't find a way to REPRODUCE it not detecting 102% :P

Edit:The fact that you saw immediate success when re-enlisting the queue, means you caused certain effects through some specific set of actions which for (an unknown reason?) is not 100% true. See http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=47907 for a similar case of a "bug" but which does not have rhyme or reason. :/

I just reproduced the same bug here. It instantly stops once a peer connects, though. But if there are none, it stays "started", even though it should be stopped anyway.

Edit: hmm. I can't actually reproduce this consistently, even on the same torrents. But the bug does seem to exist.

Archived