External HD - I/O Error

markred

Hi!

I've 1.8.1 version di uTorrent without any problem with an HD 10/100 Hamlet NDAS but I've changed it with new DLINK-313 NAS 10/100/1000 which is seen through map network.

The client uTorrent, has benn reconfigured for the news paths but, unfortunatelly, I receive, p.e., this message:

[2008-10-16 09:13:30] IO Error:1168 line:672 align:512 pos:12189696 count:2765 actual:-99

What's happened?

I don't know I to do for!

Thanks in advance!

Mark.

Well that means Element not found. Are you using pre-allocate? Are you using sparse_files (Diskio.Sparse_Files under Ctrl-P > Advanced )? You should check the forum for that term, and then reduce the coalesce_write_size by 1/2 until the error no longer happens persistently. Apparently your Hamlet was more sophisticated/higher-quality.

Thanks for immediatelly response!

I don't view any "Coalesce_write size" Advanced configuration option.

Well! I suppose I'll have, probabilly, in the future, other various problems with this DLINK-313.

I must try to write and discovery other cases, before I change it and to find any NAS/NDAS at 10/100/1000 network speed.

I stand tuned for other suggestions!

Mark.

Hummmmm.... I have just called technical support, D-Link, with this surprise: DNS-313 model, is afflict to read/write with client torrent....... :((. Only DNS-323, works properly (I must try to verify it), because have a client torrent inside.

Ok, I'll return back it and I'll seek any model for my work.

Thanks again e good work.

Sincerly.

Mark.

Archived