RSS Downloader "Save in" option doesn't work sometimes

bearonthejob

I'm using version 1.8.1 of uTorrent, and just started adding some episode feeds. So far it has worked great for grabbing what I want it to, but I'm having one issue. When I configure my Favorites in the RSS Downloader, I always specify a separate "Save in" folder for each feed, to keep my directories relatively clean. But it seems that uTorrent will randomly drop out torrents from the feed and they will end up in my default download directory where all other torrents go.

When I add a feed for the first time, I make sure to check the option "Do not automatically download items". I then add a Favorite entry for that feed with the specific "Save in" folder and other options. I always set the filter for the feeds to '*' as well. I then go back and edit the feed itself, and check the option "Automatically download items published in feed". I found at first that if I didn't follow those steps, the feed would start downloading torrents before I had the chance to configure where I wanted them to go. Then they would always end up in the default download directory. Now when I follow those steps 'most' of the torrents go to the configured directories, but it seems random ones go back to the default.

I think maybe one feature addition to help this would be to send feed torrents to the default "New Downloads" directory, and then move them to the "Save in" directory when they complete. That would allow someone to configure the "Save in" directory after adding the feed without the steps I described above. It would also let them change the destination folder while torrents were downloading if they wanted to move them later.

• 2 weeks later...

I Post here because I think that my trouble is close to this.

bearonthejob talk about "one feature addition to help this would be to send feed torrents to the default "New Downloads" directory, and then move them to the "Save in" directory when they complete."

With RSS and using the "save in" option, I would need that the .!ut file to place in the temp folder until the file is completed, and then is when the file must be moved to the "save in" folder, because I have another program looking for files in the destination folder to transfer it to another location, and now the .!ut files are being transfered like completed files.

¿Is there any solution for this trouble?

Thank you in advance.

Store the data in the default save folder for incomplete downloads... or store in the RSS folder. I don't think the default preference folder takes higher priority even if "move from default directory" is disabled, when you have a default save folder for RSS is filled in.

It does sound like something which may be an assumed feature though the opposite deal could just as easily be assumed :/

Archived