Delete .torrent and data not deleting the .torrents in Appdata folder

sach2

Sorry, if this has been answered before but I did not see a solution.

XP Pro SP3. I just noticed that my %appdata% folder contains a copy of all my .torrents since upgrading to ver. 1.8.x on 8/29/08. I always use "Delete .torrent and data" to remove finished torrents from the list in utorrent. This kept my %appdata% folder tidy with only active or unstarted .torrents contained there.

What could be causing this? Thanks!

When you add it, and add it again (through http://utorrent.com/migration_guide.php what-have-you) your torrent is appended my_torrent.1.torrent

When you use remove button (delete .torrent option) the torrent referenced in resume.dat is removed. It doesn't care if there is another copy there.

Did you migrate torrents or anything like that?

If you want to investigate on your own, check a torrent you noticed this on with an (old copy) of resume.dat and open with http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 browse to that torrent entry under [ROOT]. Does it have .1 after the normal name?

Thanks thelittlefire, for your reply. I haven't done any migration and don't have any extra characters (.1) etc. in the names or the torrents.

This just began after going from 1.77 to 1.8. I'm using utorrent the same as always. The problem is that "Remove torrent and data" used to remove the torrent from the list in utorrent, delete the downloaded data from my download folder and also remove the .torrent from the %appdata%/utorrent folder. Now it is leaving the .torrent in the %appdata%/utorrent folder. I have at least a 100 .torrents from the last 2 months there. It is not select .torrents it is all of them.

I can't be the only one having this problem...can I?

Thanks, Firon :)

I'm now giving 1.8.1 a try. It looks like I had been using 1.8.0.

I never thought of a FF connection.

I really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

Update:

Ok, we are back on track! Running ver. 1.8.1 "Remove torrent and data" cleans the %appdata%/utorrent folder as it always had before. Thanks again, Firon for figuring out the FF connection. I really appreciate the help. :)

Archived