Which port?

edjay

Hi

Just downloaded utorrent and tried to get it to download from a specific port which I opened in my firewall. Is this the a correct method? Should I asign more than one port?

There is a triangle on the staus bar that says there could be a problem with my network configuration, and I still have 0% download.

I have read-outs in the status bar say:

D: 0.5kB/s T:629.0kB

U: 0.0kB/s T: 12.7kB

These both keep changing.

Any comments would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: My DL and UL are now chugging away slowly and they are now capped at 100k apiece. does this mean it's working ok with just the one port open?

EDIT: I now have 9 DHT nodes?

EDIT: According to another forum...."This means, your ratio won't get updated if you enable DHT from your torrent client (ie: BitComet, uTorrent, Azureus) when downloading from ************** tracker. Nowdays, new torrent client comes with DHT, so pls disable it unless u are downloading from other websites that do not implement ratio method."

Anyone? :)

EDIT: According to another forum...."This means, your ratio won't get updated if you enable DHT from your torrent client (ie: BitComet, uTorrent, Azureus) when downloading from ************** tracker. Nowdays, new torrent client comes with DHT, so pls disable it unless u are downloading from other websites that do not implement ratio method."

Pure bullshit. DHT gets automatically disabled on private flagged torrents. The T: values you have ARE related to having DHT enabled, but your ratios WILL get updated even if you leave DHT on.

0% downloaded is an unrelated issue to anything to do with DHT.

Do OpenOffice torrents download?

I found out how to turn the DHT off, so I just turned it back on again?

Is it beneficial to the community to use DHT or not?

Is it likely to be detrimental to my computer?

I now have 255 DHT nodes?

EDIT: Sorry, thanks for the reply: I fell like I'm in a bit of a rush. :-|

EDIT: Regarding OpenOffice downloads - not tried it yet.

Archived